• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Inflation falls slightly by 0.2% from 3.4% to 3.2% in March.

arthur

Is every negative opinion on the policy of large scale inward migration of the “cesspit” variety?
Forgive me Phil, but you seem heavy on comment about the symptoms of this issue, less interested in the causes.
Watched this last night. Reminded me of Cameron's "BNP in suits" remark when it comes to today's far right. A well made and interesting programme

Seen 'Defiance: Fighting the Far Right'?
Watch it here on Channel 4: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/defiance-fighting-the-far-right?cntsrc=social_share_android_defiance_fighting_the_far_right

Mr Jinx

Yes but Labour shifting towards the moderate right is just a move towards the centre. The Tories appeasing their loony far right is a very different beast and more akin to the dark days of Corbyn's Labour.
Hilarious that some people deem anyone a loon if they veer just a couple of steps from the dead centre.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Hilarious that some people deem anyone a loon if they veer just a couple of steps from the dead centre.
It's funny how some consider themselves two steps from dead centre, when in reality they're already one step off the dive board.

The cabal you're blindly following are no more a couple steps from centre than Corbyn is.

Mr Jinx

It's funny how some consider themselves two steps from dead centre, when in reality they're already one step off the dive board.

The cabal you're blindly following are no more a couple steps from centre than Corbyn is.
I wouldn't say it was that funny that some people aren't sheeple.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny that you assume that without any indication of who I consider a loon.

Mr Jinx

Funny that you assume that without any indication of who I consider a loon.
Even funnier you assume that I can't read.

Mr Jinx

In other news, it's not looking very good for the growler.

Unless Sue Gray can step in, I think she's toast.

She was only doing what quite a lot of people do but, if you're going to throw stones, you need to make sure your council house is not made of glass.

Last edited:

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't say it was that funny that some people aren't sheeple.
It’s also not funny that many “not sheeple” feed on detritus.

tavyred

You’d expect me to say this, but I’m not sure the Labour Corbyn experience is being repeated by the Tory party in the same way.
Corbynism obviously had no wide appeal with the electorate as evidenced by the 2019 GE result. The battle in the Tory party is IMO one borne out of a belief (one that I share) that there is a latent patriotic social conservatism in Britain that can be tapped into for great effect if you want to win elections. It isn’t far right or emanating from a cesspit but as I suggest a ‘locked in’ feeling by a considerable amount of decent and ordinary Brits who want immigration controlled and thus reduced and also people who are not wedded like the progressives to the agenda sometimes described as ‘woke’.
I mistakenly thought the vehicle for this social conservativism would be BJ’s Tory Party, that ended badly. It remains to be seen where these voters finally end up, if anywhere at the next GE.
They ain’t going away though. 🤷‍♂️