• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

After a good win I always like to take a look at the comments on the opposition's version of Exeweb.

As you can imagine the Port Vale message boards tonight contain lots of finger pointing at owners, manager and team.

However, the one comment which stood out and really made me laugh was when one contributer said: 'Burslem deserves so much better than this.'

Not sure that's true.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
After a good win I always like to take a look at the comments on the opposition's version of Exeweb.

As you can imagine the Port Vale message boards tonight contain lots of finger pointing at owners, manager and team.

However, the one comment which stood out and really made me laugh was when one contributer said: 'Burslem deserves so much better than this.'

Not sure that's true.
Me neither. I say bugger Burslem.

Avening Posse

Wow, I read this thread after waking up in Sydney, what a fantastic start to the day UTC

Gilbert

This has to be one of the strongest aquads we have had for many seasono

You are Professor Stanley Unwin and I claim my £5 🤣

denzel

Spotlight got the result wrong again 2-1 to Exeter !
And said that Yeovil are in the National League already!

denzel

Over the last six games, we're the form team after Pompey, who pip us by scoring one more goal.
Shame that Kite hit the bar then. Caldwell out!!

arthur

I assumed the same. Back in Jan/ Feb I didn't see this coming either. Did you art?
I hadn't written off the possibility and never gave up thinking there was a chance that when things eventually clicked we'd be quite good. That's why I remained an Inner, though I was fully prepared to be disappointed.
(I felt the same about Starmer up until Friday, but now I am totally disappointed
..)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was definitely mentions of words being said in the dressing room, which is only to be expected. And don't forget the Sweenz interview he gave saying he was protecting people, or whatever.
Sweeney protecting people was a sign of that good team spirit, IMO, not a chink in its armour.

PeteUSA

Just watched the highlights, what a great performance! our goals were outstanding! I take it we're letting Mr Sinisalo off for his error of judgement for their second; although I suspect Ian H will probably say he had no chance! :rolleyes:

dontpassback

Just watched the highlights, what a great performance! our goals were outstanding! I take it we're letting Mr Sinisalo off for his error of judgement for their second; although I suspect Ian H will probably say he had no chance! :rolleyes:
It was a very good win pete,and as you say,the goals were quality,sinisalo didn’t cover himself in glory with their 2nd,but we fought back to get an excellent win UTC !