• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v The Mighty Exeter City MDT. 3pm KO

Ex-ciderrr

Post. He hit the left hand post.
cheers! I knew it was something like that!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Correct it was Swindon away 2017 under tis.

so predictable, very one footed, defensively poor too. He can put in a good cross now and then. Yeah he’s young and has time on his side. Based on this season particularly I don’t feel he’s progressed at all nor can I really see that he’s ”one of our own” that’s going to make us decent money and go on to play much higher than league 2 football so he’s kind of one that we could be stuck with in a way.

prove me wrong and make me eat my words by all means! He’s Got a huge chance with Randall out for the season in the LW berth thats there on a plate for him, But I’ve just seen numerous poor performances continuously from him and the team too.
Matt Taylor hasn’t done him any favours making him play as a wingback a position that doesn’t lend to his strengths...like I said he does have a good left foot 30 yards from goal.

Ex-ciderrr

Finally, after reading the thread and catching up on yesterday the comments and reviews of Seymours 20 min or so spell were again just a reminder of how awful he is. Exeter City’s number 9 good god. :oops:

Ex-ciderrr

Matt Taylor hasn’t done him any favours making him play as a wingback a position that doesn’t lend to his strengths...like I said he does have a good left foot 30 yards from goal.
I have to agree by all means on that, LB and LWB certainly not his position at all. However imo at LW, Joel is streets ahead of him. But like I say he has a huge opportunity now in that position to show what he’s about.(y)

Ash

Absolutely shocking performance today and terrible game management. Cba to listen to the interviews but I hope they don't mention the wide pitch, they had all week to prepare and then looked totally lost. Bowman awful again, Nigel is Conf South, Archie gone missing, defence had a shocker.

MT for me should be under pressure if we don't make play offs. Page coming off you could see he was ****** off with a crap tactical decision - if anything we looked worse after the formation change. Yet another day when results were ok elsewhere and we didn't capitalise.

Also has anyone seen Matt Jay for a month?
While I thought it was insane, we did look better after Page came off and we changed formation. Not great but definitely better. It was when we went back to 442 later in the game that we got worse again.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Youtube highlights:

......What highlights !!?

STURTZ

Have to say that result and performence against a poor team is the first time this season Ive begun to think that everythings not great at our club. Always thought were a top league 2 club and previous defeats have been adequately excused by events beyond our conrol, injuries, poor pitches, sendings off, dodgey refs that sort of thing. Yesterday we could have lost to a poor Port Vale team and could have lost by 4 but for some heroic goal keeping.

We asll know that our team featured some good players, think every one has had a man of the match performance this season, if they're in the right frame of mind and perpared and used correctly there's every reason we could beat any team in this league. Were they motivateled before the game? I was thinking how uninterested our players were during the pre match build up, Collins was the only player slightly swaying during the minutes silence, (perhaps the other players were overcome with emotion in what was an undenieably sad remembrance).

But we started as if we were from Mars and and never considered the possibility that a game of football might have been scheduled , much less we should take part in what was some kind of out of body experience. We were all over the place and individual errors were forgotten in a barrge of missed taclcles, misplaced passes and errors of judgements in every area of our play.#

Our midfield was swamped, failed tp protect our defencse and unable to find space, shocking on such a wide pitch. Our wide men couldn't beat their opposite numbers.

Problems with our forward line shouldn't conecrn us, they're a management problem.

Sort it out Matt Taylor, were better than this!

crocks

Have to agree with this. One of the poorest City performances in a long while.