• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth (away) 21st Jan

tom_ecfc

Slightly jumping the gun here, but watching the Pompy vs Derby game tonight it looks like 1/3 of the away end behind the goal has missing seats. Looking into this further, it looks like a redevelopment of the main stand and other bits and bobs are currently taking place. Derby have filled the remaining 2/3rds of the end (can’t currently find the figure). I know the last time we played in the league in 2017 (Wheeler winner, what a day!) we had about half that stand and the stewards had to clear the segregation part covered with covers as they let in too many away fans.

How many would we be looking to take? And would the lack of seats, if the 1/3 ‘seatless’ section is still out of action, mean an away sell out. Home and away sell outs, how big have we become!!! 🤣

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Train up to Salisbury then change lines and on into Fratton…well that’s the plan anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tickets are now on sale

BigBankAl

When does silver go on sale? Email says today (20th), website says 22nd when I go to the page.

Always helps when you log in ffs

sign of the chimes

Slightly jumping the gun here, but watching the Pompy vs Derby game tonight it looks like 1/3 of the away end behind the goal has missing seats. Looking into this further, it looks like a redevelopment of the main stand and other bits and bobs are currently taking place. Derby have filled the remaining 2/3rds of the end (can’t currently find the figure). I know the last time we played in the league in 2017 (Wheeler winner, what a day!) we had about half that stand and the stewards had to clear the segregation part covered with covers as they let in too many away fans.

How many would we be looking to take? And would the lack of seats, if the 1/3 ‘seatless’ section is still out of action, mean an away sell out. Home and away sell outs, how big have we become!!! 🤣
Yes, the Milton End is undergoing a refurb, with that section of it out of action. It theoretically held 2,800 but with SAG restrictions this was c. 1,900 for games earlier this season - when the whole thing was available. The capacity at the moment is 1,600.

When the works are done the capacity will go up to 3,200. In the past we've not been able to locate any home fans in that end once about 1,200 tickets have been requested by the away club. Moving forward we'll be able to segregate four separate blocks - meaning that unless the away team wants more than 3/4 capacity we'll be able to sell to some of our fans as well.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment I'm torn between doing this one or MK Dons - which would be a new ground for me.

Or maybe both. Let's see how finances work out. Given I'm away the following weekend too on my annual mates get together in Stroud, negotiations would also need to take place at home...

Bridgy 81

Yes, the Milton End is undergoing a refurb, with that section of it out of action. It theoretically held 2,800 but with SAG restrictions this was c. 1,900 for games earlier this season - when the whole thing was available. The capacity at the moment is 1,600.

When the works are done the capacity will go up to 3,200. In the past we've not been able to locate any home fans in that end once about 1,200 tickets have been requested by the away club. Moving forward we'll be able to segregate four separate blocks - meaning that unless the away team wants more than 3/4 capacity we'll be able to sell to some of our fans as well.
The times I’ve been in the Milton end at Portsmouth what’s struck me most is the almost complete absence of any room to accommodate your legs if you want to sit down.
I suppose that’s what comes when it appears that the seats have just been bolted onto an existing terrace.
Hopefully the refurbishment will address this.
The away section at Anfield is also equally poor in this regard in my experience.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The away section at Anfield is also equally poor in this regard in my experience.
Yeah, very much so - even as a shorty I found it very claustrophobic. Stevenage is another one - with no excuse as I believe that was a purpose-built seated stand.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There we were having a nice chat and then someone goes and mentions the A word...

Bridgy 81

There we were having a nice chat and then someone goes and mentions the A word...
I appreciate the lack of any perceivable leg room wasn’t the only disappointing thing about our last experience there!