• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth v Exeter City, August 15th 2023, 8.00 pm kick off. Prediction and discussion thread.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can see us going back to the four centre back/false wing back system as seen at Wycombe with Jules coming in, pushing Demi/Harps and Deon further forward.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder whether three games in a week will be too much for Tom C (assuming he would be playing v Reading). Therefore, potentially Cole to start alongside Trevitt with Caroll coming on around 70 mins. Scotty to fill the Cole inside forward role and Jules adding some beef at LWB

ryancooper327

I think Mitchell could replace Cole with Jules coming in at LWB. That or Scott comes in for Cole and Jules comes in for Mitchell. Interesting to see if Carroll will be rested.

arthur

I can see us going back to the four centre back/false wing back system as seen at Wycombe with Jules coming in, pushing Demi/Harps and Deon further forward.
I think that's what I said!

grecIAN Harris

Wonder whether three games in a week will be too much for Tom C (assuming he would be playing v Reading). Therefore, potentially Cole to start alongside Trevitt with Caroll coming on around 70 mins. Scotty to fill the Cole inside forward role and Jules adding some beef at LWB
If Harry Kite had been fit then I could have seen Carroll possibly being rested but he played a full 90 yesterday so maybe he is up to speed to be able to deal with the three games in a week and probably why he was complete rested last week with the Crawley game.

Rosencrantz

I think that's what I said!
I just gave it the tactical nuance missing 😉

STURTZ

My problem in leaving out Coles is who will take charge of set piece delivery, yesterday it was Sweeny who took corners on both sides (some were short corners) after Cole went off, last season it was Brown or Collins, time for somebody else to step up.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
My problem in leaving out Coles is who will take charge of set piece delivery, yesterday it was Sweeny who took corners on both sides (some were short corners) after Cole went off, last season it was Brown or Collins, time for somebody else to step up.
Carroll took the corners at Wycombe one of which we scored from so I’d expect him to be taking them.

tonykellowfan

Tough tough game. If we could get a point i’d be a happy man, would mean 5 points from the opening 3 games, 2 of which would have been away from home.
I was all geared up for a sarcastic reply about how we already have 3 points from 1 away game and then realised I had misread your post. Disappointed.

Red Devon

Wondering how long before GC will be able to resist giving Kyle Taylor 55-60 minutes after his impressive start to the season.