• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth v Exeter City, August 15th 2023, 8.00 pm kick off. Prediction and discussion thread.

Bridgy 81

Wouldn't expect/want it any other way :D

Here's how I'd set us up:

Norris

Rafferty, Poole, Towler, Ogilvie

Morell, Pack

Whyte, Saydee, Scully

Bishop

--

I think Shaughnessy will play instead of Towler; and that Roberston may start in place of Saydee.

Sparkes likely to start on the bench.
I still reckon we’ll do you, but good luck after Tuesday 🙂

Grecianpasty

Wouldn't expect/want it any other way :D

Here's how I'd set us up:

Norris

Rafferty, Poole, Towler, Ogilvie

Morell, Pack

Whyte, Saydee, Scully

Bishop

--

I think Shaughnessy will play instead of Towler; and that Roberston may start in place of Saydee.

Sparkes likely to start on the bench.
I've always enjoyed and appreciate your input on this forum. I'd like to think more opposing fans would be encouraged to give their own opinions on here in the future.

Care to share your prediction? Who is your danger man?

I'm intrigued to see Yengi with his cameo appearance from the bench.

Personally, I see it being a close affair for the first 60-70 minutes with a couple goals thereafter. Hopefully we can come away with a 1-1 draw.

Ex-ciderrr

Be a tight cagey game i think, selection wise we will probably be unchanged to start the game imo.

tom_ecfc

I still reckon we’ll do you, but good luck after Tuesday 🙂
I hope you mean on the pitch and not @sign of the chimes personally! 🤣

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see Jules coming in at LWB. Need more muscle to deal with Pompey, but who knows.

sign of the chimes

I've always enjoyed and appreciate your input on this forum. I'd like to think more opposing fans would be encouraged to give their own opinions on here in the future.

Care to share your prediction? Who is your danger man?

I'm intrigued to see Yengi with his cameo appearance from the bench.

Personally, I see it being a close affair for the first 60-70 minutes with a couple goals thereafter. Hopefully we can come away with a 1-1 draw.
Cheers mate, appreciate that. I think I popped on about ten years ago as I was driving up for an opening day fixture in L2. I'm pretty sure it coincided with PFA loans, Danny Coles and other such, but I may be conflating things.

How far you've come, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for ECFC more than any of the other 90 clubs outside my own.

On predictions - heart says we'll click and win by a couple; head takes in to account the fact we've got a terrible record on Sky and that Saturday's result flatters us - and would take a point. Ultimately, I've no idea.

Yengi has incredible numbers but they flatter to deceive at this stage! Exciting signing but not getting carried away. We brought in Roberston from Man City last week and he's excited a few - may be one of those great PL loans - but haven't seen enough to form an opinion.

In terms of danger men - think Scully and/or Whyte have been brought in to bring the best out of Colby Bishop - both are a bit ring rusty but either could hit their straps soon.

sign of the chimes

I hope you mean on the pitch and not @sign of the chimes personally! 🤣
:oops:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pompey - 'We have a terrible record on Sky'

City - 'Hold my cider'

gilbertshoot

I reckon 3:3 and in extra time Sparkes curls a in 25 yard OG for our winner.
Hopefully

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pompey - 'We have a terrible record on Sky'

City - 'Hold my cider'
Only matched by our even worse record on Sky lol