• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham United vs Exeter City Official matchday thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I wasn't specifically talking about Galatasary, just wondering whether fans in general would rather win and play boring football than lose and see some effort.
an arguement you may win, but what about boring football and losing as well? that is what we had against plymouth,rochdale and daggers. it may be fair to say that with a number of players out losing to other sides at the top isnt a surprise but to get nothing against three very poor sides coupled with the performances is the worst of both worlds.

HarryECFC

Well, I'm glad I missed that sh*te tonight and stayed home and watched the CL. Dortmund - Malaga was an incredible game; two goals in the last two minutes for Dortmund to win it.
Their players showed passion! Especially at the end when the players climbed the fence and joined the capo's

Pinhoe Red x1

Did Tis even slightly raise his voice or get at all animated during tonights game?

dommers

an arguement you may win, but what about boring football and losing as well?
I completely agree that playing boring football and losing is even worse and the 3 games before tonight have been that, although I do think people are being disingenuous when they they would rather see entertaining football and lose.

milts

Did Tis even slightly raise his voice or get at all animated during tonights game?
Don't be silly. Of course he didn't.

Last edited:

geoffwp

I I do think people are being disingenuous when they they would rather see entertaining football and lose.
No, not that dommers but I think most would at least find it easier to forgive if passion and effort were at least there for us to see. We fans NEED to know (or at least believe) that the players do care for our club.

Last edited:

HarryECFC

Brendan Rodgers was there yet again today!

The_Governor

Results are more important then the beauty of football at this time of the season.

Anyway before tonight's game the 3 games have been ugly football and loses .

With the players available and tactics employed by the manager we won't win another game this season, let alone win 3 games to make the playoffs. Season over. Disappointing end.

Grecian_Jay

This was with Rotherham resting Frecklington and Odejayi - two of their best players.

dommers

We fans NEED to know (or at least believe) that the players do care for our club.
I think you could have a long wait then as I think very few players care for the club they play for. At the end of the day it is their job and how they are earning their living.