• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham United vs Exeter City Official matchday thread

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you could have a long wait then as I think very few players care for the club they play for. At the end of the day it is their job and how they are earning their living.
Did you see Drogba, Sneijder etc run their ******** off tonight? Two of the highest paid players in the world who have no affiliation for their club but still gave it everything. It's too simplistic to say footballers don't try.

geoffwp

I think you could have a long wait then as I think very few players care for the club they play for. At the end of the day it is their job and how they are earning their living.
The teaching job I did for too many years to remember was how I earned my living but I cared about it. The guy who came to fix my heating does that for a living but he cares about the quality he gives. IMO if you don't 'care' then you can't do a decent job because you won't be arsed to put the effort in when it's needed.

paperclip

The teaching job I did for too many years to remember was how I earned my living but I cared about it. The guy who came to fix my heating does that for a living but he cares about the quality he gives. IMO if you don't 'care' then you can't do a decent job because you won't be arsed to put the effort in when it's needed.
Like Aaron Davies you mean?!

geoffwp

Like Aaron Davies you mean?!
sorry pc. put it down to tiredness of a dim brain but your point is?

paperclip

sorry pc. put it down to tiredness of a dim brain but your point is?
My point related to AD not appearing to put the effort in when it is required. From my vantage point on the BB he seems to go missing in a lot of games and doesn't seem to want the ball. As one of our more experienced midfielders I expect more from him.

geoffwp

My point related to AD not appearing to put the effort in when it is required. From my vantage point on the BB he seems to go missing in a lot of games and doesn't seem to want the ball. As one of our more experienced midfielders I expect more from him.
It seems to have been that way with him for a while and yet he was on fire at Yeovil and I wouldn't have thought Forest would have been fooled by a second rater, so perhaps he does fall into that category of 'cant be arsed'. Difficult to judge I guess coz cant get into his head to know how he feels about it. talent just doesn't go missing does it.

dommers

Did you see Drogba, Sneijder etc run their ******** off tonight?
Drogba seemed to spend more time rolling around on the floor and Sneijder missed one of easiest chance you'll ever see so he couldn't be trying. For every player who does try there's someone like Tarrabt or Adebayor who more often than not seem disinterested. 25 years ago I think it may have been difficult but I think times have changed.

Olivia's mum

Did Tis even slightly raise his voice or get at all animated during tonights game?
Yes as did stevie p on the touch line aswel, cant knock tis solely, nobody questions the board and where is the money for better players, i blame the board and not tisdale this season.

I hope tis and steve p stays next season but looks doubtful with the hate mob on there backs.

Mark Wakeley

Have driven back to Leeds in a foul mood and spent the last hour contemplating my naval the steam has finally dissipated from my cold ears. So probably safe to write now?

Not for the first time this season away from home I cannot understand why Steve Perryman is in the dug out and in the technical area shouting instructions to players IMO it can only confuse them and undermine Tisdale?

The game well impressive stadium, fantastic design. Great individual goal by Nards respect for not celebrating, he almost looked guilty? Noble classy going sideways. Pringle was outstanding.

222 away fans is a great turnout. 221 hero’s I left disgusted after the fourth goal.

Grecian Jay for manager & Rae for spiritual healing.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Grecian Jay for manager & Rae for spiritual healing.
Love it.. :)
comment of the thread