• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seriously, he's everything I hoped he'd be when we signed him, a proper terrier in midfield.

Exehausted

Agreed that Woods played well, but I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Reece Cole. I thought he was magnificent in the first half. A very clever corner for the first goal and always looking to play the ball forward, every bit as good as Ryan. I was pleased he was taken off to save him for Saturday and it showed how much he was missed in the last two games.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed that Woods played well, but I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Reece Cole. I thought he was magnificent in the first half. A very clever corner for the first goal and always looking to play the ball forward, every bit as good as Ryan. I was pleased he was taken off to save him for Saturday and it showed how much he was missed in the last two games.
Agreed Woods and Coles brought the best out of each other but IMHO Woodsy stole MoM

Maybe wrong here, but I thought Woods had another year to run on his contract at Hull. Can someone please confirm or otherwise.

JGrecian23

Seems that way, doesn’t it? I wonder if he’d be any different if he became a permanent signing?
I thought he was making a play on words but it could also be a genuine comment given his performances recently.

Exehausted

Agreed Woods and Coles brought the best out of each other but IMHO Woodsy stole MoM
Yes Woods was MOM, but Reece wasn't far behind. I just love his energy and enthusiasm. Every game he seems to get better and from a base of very little decent 1st team experience. I just find it so hard to believe that this time last year he was playing at level 7. Plus he's here for the next two seasons, fantastic work from the club to get that extension completed.

Mid Devon Grecian

Seriously, he's everything I hoped he'd be when we signed him, a proper terrier in midfield.
All round top notch midfielder. Not only a terrier but can ping crisp accurate passes around for fun.

DawlishBouy

Maybe wrong here, but I thought Woods had another year to run on his contract at Hull. Can someone please confirm or otherwise.
Under contract to the end of next season according to transfermarkt.com

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Under contract to the end of next season according to transfermarkt.com
Presumably available though

JW57++

nice man that David Rock :ROFLMAO:
Totally agree.:rolleyes: