• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St. James Park - Championship Ground

Arthur Davey

Cranbrook?
I'd personally hate a stadium out there, but it's a legitimate site, surely?
God forbid

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cranbrook?
Wash your mouth out

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cranbrook?
I couldn't think of anything worse than an out of town stadium.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine one issue is the flight of steps from the BB, it’s a pinch point & slows exit from the ground significantly especially from the top of the BB down the two flights to Stadium Way.
All we need is a big inflatable slide.

BA-emergency-slide-916x514.jpg

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine one issue is the flight of steps from the BB, it’s a pinch point & slows exit from the ground significantly especially from the top of the BB down the two flights to Stadium Way.
I'm not an architect but I would assume a new additional stairway exiting from the top of the BB is possible? Certainly cheaper than a new stand for the away end which we realistically cannot afford in the short term

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cranbrook?
Legitimate how? There’s no space for a stadium, it’s all allocated for housing, and given the fight it’s taken to get a town centre built - they’ve only just started eight or nine years after the ground was first broken to begin the town - I wouldn’t hold your breath over getting an area big enough for a reasonable sized stadium given up just like that any time soon.

Plus it’s East Devon - they no more want a football ground than they do a nuclear power station.

Rosencrantz

Plus it’s East Devon - they no more want a football ground than they do a nuclear power station.
Or a speedway track at Westpoint 😡

Antony Moxey

Or a speedway track at Westpoint 😡
Well quite. If you can’t get a speedway track that’d be used, what, 15-20 times a year (which means it’d be unused and silent for at least 340 days a year) approved you’re never going to get a football ground through. All that traffic and hooligans? No thanks.

Radio Free Skaro

Legitimate how? There’s no space for a stadium, it’s all allocated for housing, and given the fight it’s taken to get a town centre built - they’ve only just started eight or nine years after the ground was first broken to begin the town - I wouldn’t hold your breath over getting an area big enough for a reasonable sized stadium given up just like that any time soon.

What about building a new Stadium in Teignbridge - TDC appear to be very happy dumping all their housing provision at the edge of Exeter? So any resident in the many new housing estates pay their community tax to Teignbridge - ker-ching - but use most of their services in Exeter. whilst also helping Teignbridge fulfil their housing quotas.

Maybe a shiny New Stadium next to the Devon Motel would be karma!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about building a new Stadium in Teignbridge - TDC appear to be very happy dumping all their housing provision at the edge of Exeter? So any resident in the many new housing estates pay their community tax to Teignbridge - ker-ching - but use most of their services in Exeter. whilst also helping Teignbridge fulfil their housing quotas.

Maybe a shiny New Stadium next to the Devon Motel would be karma!!
Same as what's happening in East Devon

At some point it'll all just be Greater Exeter.