• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stanno

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well I'm impressed that the short term relief of being able to post confidently on banter base sparked a pitch invasion ...

STURTZ

Love it that we sent Stanfield's team down. I'm still laughing at a guy in a blue shirt claiming he's always a red (duh!!). See he was subbed today, Birmingham fans gone right off him recently. As soon as I saw Turdz claiming Stansfield would send us down I knew we would be OK. Please Turdz get your prediction in for us to be relegated next season then I can rest easy. Green Army!!
When's the open top bus parade and civic reception?
Get some shuteye Felix you're in for another sh1t year!😃

felix

When's the open top bus parade and civic reception?
Get some shuteye Felix you're in for another sh1t year!😃
Yes, there it is a prediction. Phew, looks like next season is going to be a good one for us. I love it when City's constant measure of success is based on players who leave them. "Ooh look he played for us when he was a kid but he soon left". I give you Dan Gosling without even thinking about it. You guys need to brush up on your Argyle history.

Edna Clouds

Dan Gosling snigger - I had to look him up! Is he the only one who has gone on to the Premier league? I don't see it a a measure of success on it's own. More as investments - some of our young players like Stansfield will make us money at some point which will help us to continue to invest and grow the club. Some will have steady careers and not make us money but will enhance our reputation. Exeter is a growing city with a football club on the up which is making a profit.

I can't be bothered to check on Argyle's history. I am aware Plymouth have the biggest catchment area to never have a top flight team. That's a nice bit of history that's not going to change any time soon.

Bridgy 81

^^^^^
But I love the fact that someone who was born in Brixham played hundreds of games in the Premier League.

Spoonz Red E

Yes, there it is a prediction. Phew, looks like next season is going to be a good one for us. I love it when City's constant measure of success is based on players who leave them. "Ooh look he played for us when he was a kid but he soon left". I give you Dan Gosling without even thinking about it. You guys need to brush up on your Argyle history.
Don't believe the Gosling story.

Turned out to be proper gander.

Marino

And how many Premier League appearances does this generational talent Spamsfield have so far?

Edna Clouds

I'm hoping this is banter and you aren't a complete window licker. Baring injury, in a few years even the most blinded Argyle fan will admit he's good and will probably be cheering him on in an England shirt. If we're lucky he might get to make his debut alongside Watkins. Wouldn't that be great for westcountry football!

Marino

I'm hoping this is banter and you aren't a complete window licker. Baring injury, in a few years even the most blinded Argyle fan will admit he's good and will probably be cheering him on in an England shirt. If we're lucky he might get to make his debut alongside Watkins. Wouldn't that be great for westcountry football!
Right, I think a bit of realism is needed here Edna.

The lad has bundles of ability and it is highly likely that he will have a decent career at mid level top league club but England appearances? Lets not get ahead of ourselves here!

And as for Westcountry football…that starts and ends with Plymouth Argyle pal

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right, I think a bit of realism is needed here Edna.

The lad has bundles of ability and it is highly likely that he will have a decent career at mid level top league club but England appearances? Lets not get ahead of ourselves here!

And as for Westcountry football…that starts and ends with Plymouth Argyle pal
"The lad" has scored 2 against you, sent The Pasty End into raptures this season and is already playing for England - even your "Exeter" goalie hasn't been at England HQ unless of course his family have driven him past so he can change his hand at fifty !