• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart Fleetwood - Good striker

ECFC TOM

If Fleetwood wants £7500 then we shouldn't sign him, and I doubt Tis would be happy having a player on those sort of wages whilst others are on much lower. I reckon Fleetwood would be happy to take a small pay cut, anyway.

Well-known Exeweb poster
7500 a week sounds about right for a championship striker.wonder if hes got a clause in about wages dropping if he drops down a league, wouldnt have thought so, I would imagine he was calling the shots when he joined Charlton. But you never know. so, imo its gonna be up to flleetwood, But looking at the boy, and what he did for us and prev loan clubs, dont think that he can afford to be a bit part player for yet another season. So stay, earn and and maybe challenge, maybe improve . Or come to us play, enjoy life, improve for sure,and put his career back on track. But maybe, on not so much wedge. ALL depends on the lads mind set. . This type of wages scenario, imo is going to be common place from here onwards, one common denominator ,GOALS COST WEDGE.

greenstripe

£7,500 a month is definitely more reasonable considering he came from non-league and not the Prem to Charlton. As I mentioned before offering him a four-year contract on say £5,000 a month might sway things if the transfer fee is not off-putting. Gives him a bit of security and us a good striker whom we might sell on for a tidy profit one day.
He was reportedly on £600 a week at FGR season before last. I think £7,500 a week might be a bit wide of the mark. He seems to have found his feet with you while in Div 2. Still a question mark he's good enough for Div1. Got to be worth a try though he's a nutaural goal scorer. Worth £1500 a week maybe?

Ian_Woodward

fleetwood would not be on anywhere near £7.5k a week!! who would believe that, he was probaly on about £800 down Forest Green, Charlton are not gonna offer an unproven striker (at a decent level) that sort of money! if they are then no wonder they're in so much sh*t.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
7500 a week sounds about right for a championship striker.
How do you work that out?

For example, using Argyle as championship team. Barring Mpenza, who's allegedly on 10k a week, with bonuses. Are you suggesting Mackie, Donnelly and even Steve MacLean are on 7,500 a week?

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you work that out?

For example, using Argyle as championship team. Barring Mpenza, who's allegedly on 10k a week, with bonuses. Are you suggesting Mackie, Donnelly and even Steve MacLean are on 7,500 a week?
Ex london prem club, with parachute money, perhaps manager with his back against the wall, looking for goals and maybe the missing link. enter young hungry striker looking for a good deal, sharp agent. ect ect not so dificult to imagine Is it. and I did read mpenza was on 12 gs a week. so who knows .

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Ex london prem club, with parachute money, perhaps manager with his back against the wall, looking for goals and maybe the missing link. enter young hungry striker looking for a good deal, sharp agent. ect ect not so dificult to imagine Is it. and I did read mpenza was on 12 gs a week. so who knows .
So basically, despite Charltons' financial worries, you suggesting they raised his wage 1000%. Mpenza is on nothing like 12k. Not even with bonuses.

What do you think the highest paid City player earns roughly?

Mr Jinx

I think if we do keep Fleetwood it's going to put the cat amongst the pidgeons with regards to the other players wages. If wee retain him on anything above £2.5K a week it's going to be a sticking point with our better players I'd imagine.

Lobster Claw

I think if we do keep Fleetwood it's going to put the cat amongst the pidgeons with regards to the other players wages. If wee retain him on anything above £2.5K a week it's going to be a sticking point with our better players I'd imagine.
I do agree to a point! However as we all know all players dont get paid the same wage and Strikers tend to get paid more! As they say you pay for your goals as they win you games!!!

Benito

He looked like he was having a whale of a time today, which bodes well!