• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart Fleetwood - Good striker

Dubai Grecian

What do you think the highest paid City player earns roughly?
I dont know, 1000k max (and thats more than likely Stewart) but would love to know.

As for Fleetwoods wages I doubt whether he is on more than 3500k, certainly no where near the 7500 quoted

Well-known Exeweb poster
So basically, despite Charltons' financial worries, you suggesting they raised his wage 1000%. Mpenza is on nothing like 12k. Not even with bonuses.

1000 %, whatever, since when were football clubs sensible with money?, and given the scenario with Charlton, dont think that balancing the books were top of the agenda, stopping the freefall was more the order of the day.. Football has a history of doing deals in haste fleetwood just one example. sturrock he openly admited as much,I presume he was refering to mpenza, record agyle contract, ect ect. With City Ive no idea what the highest earner is on, and I dont really care, as long as we are balancing the books

7500 a week sounds about right for a championship striker.wonder if hes got a clause in about wages dropping if he drops down a league, wouldnt have thought so, I would imagine he was calling the shots when he joined Charlton. But you never know. so, imo its gonna be up to flleetwood, But looking at the boy, and what he did for us and prev loan clubs, dont think that he can afford to be a bit part player for yet another season. So stay, earn and and maybe challenge, maybe improve . Or come to us play, enjoy life, improve for sure,and put his career back on track. But maybe, on not so much wedge. ALL depends on the lads mind set. . This type of wages scenario, imo is going to be common place from here onwards, one common denominator ,GOALS COST WEDGE.
his mindset today was pretty good but that could mean nothing i think it was more of a farwell than anything

budegrecian

If, as has been suggested on another post, City won't meet Gilly's demands for £1500 per week, then we aren't going to get anywhere near what Fleetwood would want, never mind £7500.....

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
AU, ask LSercs Dad, he's happy to talk players wages with anybody who will listen. ;)

Borat

Where would he rather play

1) half empty stadium where he would get a few games here and there....or
2) a full/nearly full stadium but rocking playing every week ;)

I know which option I would choose :)

Last edited:

TimG

Where would he rather play

1) half empty stadium where he would get a few games here and there....or
2) a full/nearly full stadium but rocking playing every week ;)

I know which option I would choose :)
Yer i know this is how i feel. But who in there right mind would take a wage cut of maybe 50% or even more just to play in a full stadium.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ex london .
So where have they moved to ?

Fleetwood isn't on anything like 7.5k a week, admittedley that is not a huge figure for an established striker at that level but for a punt on a kid from the Conference ?

Having reconsidered and watched those goals from Oxford, Torqay and Rotherham, I should like to confirm that I would still take Logie over Fleetwood, he is good, but he's not right. Maybe he would get 20-25 goals but he doesn't bring enough to the table in my view to suggest he is worth breaking the bank for, p.s. same goes for Gilly, lean and hungry is the way forward.