• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Storm Eunice

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anti vax nutters Neil Oliver and George Galloway were on SM during Storm Eunice saying that being asked to stay in and not travel was an affront to their freedoms comparing it with lockdown measures!! Just mind-boggling!!

Alistair20000

Anti vax nutters Neil Oliver and George Galloway were on SM during Storm Eunice saying that being asked to stay in and not travel was an affront to their freedoms comparing it with lockdown measures!! Just mind-boggling!!
I don't think these To55ers were actually banned from going out during Storm Eunice were they ? Might have been good had the pair of them been blown away.

Mr Jinx

I don't think these To55ers were actually banned from going out during Storm Eunice were they ? Might have been good had the pair of them been blown away.
You know it's a funny old world where we're not allowed to criticise a big bloke who puts on a ladies swimsuit and calls himself a woman without serious rebuke, but with regards to someone who just doesn't want to have a vaccine...it's open season.

I'm not an anti vaxxer per se, but I respect their views as long as they don't go down a Covid-is-a-hoax rabbithole (or similar). The same with mask wearing: respect should land on both sides of that particular fence too. And if they want to go for a walk in a big storm...then hey, just go ahead. What harm would they be doing (apart from to themselves)?

Meanwhile...hopefully the topic doesn't go too off piste.

DB9

You know it's a funny old world where we're not allowed to criticise a big bloke who puts on a ladies swimsuit and calls himself a woman without serious rebuke, but with regards to someone who just doesn't want to have a vaccine...it's open season.

I'm not an anti vaxxer per se, but I respect their views as long as they don't go down a Covid-is-a-hoax rabbithole (or similar). The same with mask wearing: respect should land on both sides of that particular fence too. And if they want to go for a walk in a big storm...then hey, just go ahead. What harm would they be doing (apart from to themselves)?

They have been quoting nonsense about the vaccine on SM and no one stopped them from going out, We were ADVISED to stay indoors for our own safety, It wasn't compulsory just common sense.

PS. I'm in total agreement with regards to most of your first paragraph.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

Well, if they come unstuck, someone would have to venture out to help, so they're potentially putting others at risk... but I'm a pant wetter, so... 🙄

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Neil Oliver is the most compelling case for Scottish independence I've heard so far.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This thread will do.

Ciarán is next up. It's arrived in the Channel Islands, and looks rough on telly, should be here in the morning.

I'm a bit concerned about the Big Bank roof, if it's damaged will the be affected on Saturday?

manc grecian

Day off work for me tomorrow. Cheers Ciaran

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off to London tomorrow then Reading City U18s v Exeter City U18s in the evening. What could go wrong? 🤔