• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stuart James... Today's WMN

paperclip

Tend to agree with Credy, I'm not sure we do play an attractive brand of football any more. Yes we play a lot of tippy tappy short passes (which often see us go precisely nowhere) but there is absolutely no pace in the side and apart from a last desperate 20 mins at home to Cambridge we have been very dull to watch since Grimes departed. We are set up not to lose, rather than to win, games and frankly, it's just not entertaining.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nearly spat my cornflakes everywhere when I read the bit about Oakley and Butterfield playing for another year.
You are ******** and I claim my £5 :)

There is little doubt that our style of play is the best in the league.

However, we are not very good at it.

UTC

hatch4england

There is little doubt that our style of play is the best in the league.

However, we are not very good at it.

UTC
Exactly the point. If the system worked, if we had players capable of doing it, then fab...the Arsenal of the division. Unfortunately with carthorses like Bennett and the rest of the side being pretty much bang mediocre, it won't work and I'd have thought 4 years trying the same thing and it not working might have banged that message home(Einstein's famous quote comes to mind).

As far as progress goes, what progress have we made under the Trust? Has the ground improved? No. (The last significant improvement to the ground was under Ivor Doble and the cost of that led pretty well directly to the insolvency - and Cliff Hill's wife is why we have the Cat & Fiddle). Are we steaming ahead into L1 as envisaged under 'V10' No. Have the finances been run securely? No. Plus crap football, no cup runs...the damning legacy of the last 5 years is that it has been as bad as any 5 year period I can think of in the 40 I have been watching...just so DULL.

Bring back Brian Godfrey!

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
We went bust twice, were relegated from League One and were relegated to the Conference twice (saved on the first occasion by FL rules) between 1993 and 2003.

Then the Trust took over - and Tis for the past 8 years - and everything has been much, much better.

Proud to be a Grecian. Ashamed of some of you.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We went bust twice, were relegated from League One and were relegated to the Conference twice (saved on the first occasion by FL rules) between 1993 and 2003.

Then the Trust took over - and Tis for the past 8 years - and everything has been much, much better.

And in that time frame, how many times did we even finish in the top half of the table?

Once. By dint of Jimmy Glass.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
So shall we all stop going to home games and watch the away's instead while not being bothered by 3 points from 7 games and 7 points from 11 because we were always poor back in the day?

elginCity

And in that time frame, how many times did we even finish in the top half of the table? Once.
...and the same applies to the decade before that, 83 - 93.

rp42

So shall we all stop going to home games and watch the away's instead while not being bothered by 3 points from 7 games and 7 points from 11 because we were always poor back in the day?
That's about it don't renew S/T and go to the away's that i can get to,save myself alot of money not buying drinks at the spot and also 50/50 tickets on matchdays.

geoffwp

All very conveniently forgotten about by many Alan.