• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Bridgy 81

I’ve no idea where Archie is based but if it is in Bridgwater I can understand him not wanting to leave.
It’s a lovely place to live 🙂
Mind you I don’t think Rovers would be a good move for him but Bristol City could be (plus Ashton Gate is closer to Bridgwater than the Memorial Stadium!).

exeips

Still keep hearing Collins is going to Bristol Rovers
You've not got your Bristol clubs mixed up have you?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lots of maybes regards Archie’s next move. For all we know Barton has been a long time admirer and been speaking one to one with Archie for months? Collins may feel he will/is going stale at city which could explain his performances dipping the last few months?
I thought he had been good for the last few months!

grecIAN Harris

I thought he had been good for the last few months!
He's been good when he's played in his correct position, box to box midfielder, but poor bordering on bloody awful when he's played as one of the two No.10's.

fred binneys head

He’s been played out wide recently, which hasn’t seen the best of him.

Grecianman135

Next few months will now be extremely interesting,has GC got enough about him to replace what we are undoubtedly going to lose?

I'm not so sure,I have a strange feeling Stanno could be back again on loan,as Fulham have had a really good season and will ultimately look to loan him out again and surely we'd come knocking again if that opportunity arises?

White and Kegs can return to parent clubs I've not been overly impressed with either,both have good potential but if we was still in League two I'd be happier chucking the pair into games just not at league one level they're both too raw.

We haven't really seen enough of Scott but what we have he's been poor,and lacks serious physicality for a big bloke and needs to get on that training pitch ASAP,if we recruit well I think he'd benefit from a loan to league two as that might be his level,to hopefully give him a shake up and a chance to get some games.

Woods is absolutely not what we need! not a number one or number two looks so disinterested when he plays and has such a negative attitude while playing (I don't know if anyone else has noticed this)we need a good number one with Lee as number two and actually try to rotate the two as Woods just doesn't do it for me.

Key is probably already gone so not much point crying over split milk,same with Blackman.

Archie and Sparks the same I feel.

Big Kev will stay I feel especially as has been mentioned his family are now down here which is a great thing for the club to have him around, hopefully Kev has some contacts from his Scotland days he can relay too GC.

All in all GC needs to prove himself in the summer with it being his time to make his mark, benefit of the doubt this season he took over late,and had January and recruitment went quite well considering the difficulty that month can have.

But he needs to change some things and find a way to get goals as many have said losing 6-0 although expected (to a certain degree) could have been slightly avoided if we cut out some of the sloppy defending we could of kept the scoreline down slightly,goal number five springs to mind 🤦‍♂️.

I like GC he speaks well,and has bought into the club ethos and already knows his budget and knows how we work,which is a really good thing,but I just don't want him to become the next Tisdale as some games this season under him felt like shades of a Tisdale team,in formation and tactics,so i just hope he gets time to look at options and think about how we can score more goals firstly,we have become quite stale since the whole Brown scenario as many know,and shouldn't have to rely on one player to do the business,as good as Brown is,we should've been able to manage better without him then we have.

Personally a convincing win is needed against Morecambe going into next season with some positivity for next season after a whirlwind season that this one has been.

A lose could make things slightly interesting I know we have nothing to play for,but Morecambe do,and a lose could really make a few people question GC,imagine if Caldwell started the season and KMT left last summer would we be where we are? I feel probably a hell of a lot lower so it's a fine line,and a lot needs to change if we're to sustain league one football constantly.

Rant over UTC

grecIAN Harris

Next few months will now be extremely interesting,has GC got enough about him to replace what we are undoubtedly going to lose?

I'm not so sure,I have a strange feeling Stanno could be back again on loan,as Fulham have had a really good season and will ultimately look to loan him out again and surely we'd come knocking again if that opportunity arises?

White and Kegs can return to parent clubs I've not been overly impressed with either,both have good potential but if we was still in League two I'd be happier chucking the pair into games just not at league one level they're both too raw.

We haven't really seen enough of Scott but what we have he's been poor,and lacks serious physicality for a big bloke and needs to get on that training pitch ASAP,if we recruit well I think he'd benefit from a loan to league two as that might be his level,to hopefully give him a shake up and a chance to get some games.

Woods is absolutely not what we need! not a number one or number two looks so disinterested when he plays and has such a negative attitude while playing (I don't know if anyone else has noticed this)we need a good number one with Lee as number two and actually try to rotate the two as Woods just doesn't do it for me.

Key is probably already gone so not much point crying over split milk,same with Blackman.

Big Kev will stay I feel especially as has been mentioned his family are now down here which is a great thing for the club to have him around, hopefully Kev has some contacts from his Scotland days he can relay too GC.

All in all GC needs to prove himself in the summer with it being his time to make his mark, benefit of the doubt this season he took over late,and had January and recruitment went quite well considering the difficulty that month can have.

But he needs to change some things and find a way to get goals as many have said losing 6-0 although expected (to a certain degree) could have been slightly avoided if we cut out some of the sloppy defending we could of kept the scoreline down slightly,goal number five springs to mind 🤦‍♂️.

I like GC he speaks well,and has bought into the club ethos and already knows his budget and knows how we work,which is a really good thing,but I just don't want him to become the next Tisdale as some games this season under him felt like shades of a Tisdale team,in formation and tactics,so i just hope he gets time to look at options and think about how we can score more goals firstly,we have become quite stale since the whole Brown scenario as many know,and shouldn't have to rely on one player to do the business,as good as Brown is,we should've been able to manage better without him then we have.

Personally a convincing win is needed against Morecambe going into next season with some positivity for next season after a whirlwind season that this one has been.

A lose could make things slightly interesting I know we have nothing to play for,but Morecambe do,and a lose could really make a few people question GC,imagine if Caldwell started the season and KMT left last summer would we be where we are? I feel probably a hell of a lot lower so it's a fine line,and a lot needs to change if we're to sustain league one football constantly.

Rant over UTC
The only way you improve that is by improving the quality of player playing there or improve the quality and concentration of those playing there already. Playing out from the back through the back three into midfield is how we're going to play under Caldwell, like it or not. When it works, as we've seen in some of the goals we have scored recently, it is a joy to watch but it does hold a certain amount of jeopardy. It is also one of the main reasons behind Caldwell's oft said phrase, 'we have to be brave on the ball when we're in posession'.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Rant over UTC
If we had GC's PPG across a season we'd be 6-7 points worse off than we are now.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we had GC's PPG across a season we'd be 6-7 points worse off than we are now.
Do you think MT would have done better than Caldwell during these last half dozen matches? If so, how?

grecIAN Harris

As usual, skewing the facts to suit your propoganda campaign against Caldwell. As the Fish ask's, do you genuinely think KMT would have done any better in the last six games?