• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Grecianman135

Can see all of them off to be honest, hopefully woods moves on,only one I can see staying is McDonald and I hope he does.

Key - has played well and probably deserves his move.

Archie- same as above been a good servant and is the only one I'd say would comfortably fit in higher up.

Blackman- has been 'okay' but has he really done enough to earn a move higher up?? MLS or Scotland maybe but I don't think he's set the world on fire to be honest.

Woods- Been okay but not a number one and there's probably better number two's out there.

McDonald- Keep,keep,keep then get the man his coaching badges 👍

Sparks - I'd keep doesn't seem to fit into GC's system or he doesn't rate him,but he's most likely to be the first off personally,which is a shame there's a good player there and who has also been a good servant.

It'll be an interesting summer 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will our signings reflect that we want to push for a play off place or L1 security?

Grecianman135

Will our signings reflect that we want to push for a play off place or L1 security?
Security at the very least build for a while then go for playoffs I don't want us to do a Yeovil...

StudentGrecian

We don't have the budget of a top half team, so from the outside our signings will no doubt reflect L1 security. It's up to GC and the recruitment team to find gems that could develop us in to a play off pushing side.

I'm slightly worried if we can't keep a few of those out of contract, but the rebuild will be exciting either way!

Intheknow84

Key - Going Swansea

Collins - Going most likely Rotherham

Sparkes - Turned down contract due to lack of game time will be going

Hartridge - Strong interest will go if right bid

Blackman - Going to USA

Brown - offered new deal expected to stay if no large punishment at court.

Nombe - will stay unless big offer

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We don't have the budget of a top half team, so from the outside our signings will no doubt reflect L1 security. It's up to GC and the recruitment team to find gems that could develop us in to a play off pushing side.

I'm slightly worried if we can't keep a few of those out of contract, but the rebuild will be exciting either way!
It doesn't mean to say that you can't build a side that is greater than the sum of it's parts. How do you think that some of the sides like Rotherham in The Championship, Burton and Accrington (until this season) in League 1 and Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow and Sutton punch above their weight. In terms of size and budget these teams should be dead and buried already. Rotherham should survive for next season. Burton are staying up. I know Accrington are struggling to beat the drop this season but they've made a good go at League 1 in recent seasons. The four sides in League 2 have held their own now for a few seasons (although I personally don't like them being in there and will be glad to see the likes of Wrexham and Notts County coming back to the League, it's just a shame that it's going to be at Rochdale and Hartlepools expense).

StudentGrecian

It doesn't mean to say that you can't build a side that is greater than the sum of it's parts. How do you think that some of the sides like Rotherham in The Championship, Burton and Accrington (until this season) in League 1 and Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow and Sutton punch above their weight. In terms of size and budget these teams should be dead and buried already. Rotherham should survive for next season. Burton are staying up. I know Accrington are struggling to beat the drop this season but they've made a good go at League 1 in recent seasons. The four sides in League 2 have held their own now for a few seasons (although I personally don't like them being in there and will be glad to see the likes of Wrexham and Notts County coming back to the League, it's just a shame that it's going to be at Rochdale and Hartlepools expense).
Kind of think that's what I was saying really... Never mentioned us being dead and buried because of our budget, just said that from the outside the signings probably won't look like we'll be pushing the play offs. But as you say good recruitment for us is about building a side greater than the sum of parts, so will be up to GC and the recruitment team to find something. As I said, the summer should be an exciting one.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still keep hearing Collins is going to Bristol Rovers

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still keep hearing Collins is going to Bristol Rovers
That would be a terrible move for him

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would be a terrible move for him
Disagree. Still local and presumably more money. We will see whether it happens I suppose.