• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dear God. I meant live.
You asked him if he saw him play, he did. We all did.

He's not very good.

But anyway, Afram and all that 😴

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he's got a bubbly personality and he says 'Afram City' - the fact he's not actually that good doesn't matter.
The 'Afram City' thing got on my nerves, but, les we forget, he was 19 when he played 40-odd games for us - with that in mind, I thought he was exceptional.

Grecian Max

The 'Afram City' thing got on my nerves, but, les we forget, he was 19 when he played 40-odd games for us - with that in mind, I thought he was exceptional.
6, then 23 apps later on.

Exceptional is really pushing it 😅

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exceptional for his age.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Agreed I would say more like acceptable keeper.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football fans are a simple bunch. Andresson was very good at telling them what they wanted to hear. It made up for his limited ability. Clinton morrison was the same.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football fans are a simple bunch. Andresson was very good at telling them what they wanted to hear. It made up for his limited ability. Clinton morrison was the same.
Guess Matt Taylor fell for it too:
Reading FC goalkeeper eyed for summer transfer amid interest from Premier League clubs - Berkshire Live (getreading.co.uk)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clinton Morrison didn't have limited ability, his legs were completely gone when he came to us.

andrew p long

the article says Premier League clubs have had a look. As the article was from more than 2 years ago presumably those Premier League clubs, after looking, decided 'no thanks'.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems you've fallen for it too. I didn't rate him, as did a few others. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.