• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

sign of the chimes

If that's the case then maybe he could replace Archie but that certainly wasn't the idea being suggested by denzel.
I'll be honest, I struggle a bit with the definitions now. I used to have a general idea of what a player could do on the pitch based on the number on their shirt, in the same way I used to able to tell a 4-4-2/4-3-3 and even the occasional 3-5-2 apart. We've reached a point now where central midfield/attacking midfield roles are defined based on whether a manager wants to play 'point up' or 'point down' and teams often seem to defend and attack in different formations; which complicates roles and attributes needed.

On the plus side, I'm usually at least a couple of pints in when I step inside Fratton Park so it tends to matter less ;-)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the plus side, I'm usually at least a couple of pints in when I step inside Fratton Park so it tends to matter less ;-)
So would I if I had to watch them.....😃

Cowshed Grecian

He might be a good signing but he won't be a good replacement for Archie, should he actually go. This lad is seemingly an attacking midfielder, Archie (played properly) is a box to box midfielder. They are two different types of players.
Archie has never been box to box at all. In modern terms he’s a classic Deep Lying play maker.

Colesman Ballz

Archie has never been box to box at all. In modern terms he’s a classic Deep Lying play maker.
"Lights blue touch paper" ! :cool:

denzel

If that's the case then maybe he could replace Archie but that certainly wasn't the idea being suggested by denzel.
Oh for goodness sake

BigBankAl

Ethan Chislett is being linked with loads of L1 clubs at the moment - would normally suggest an over-excited agent but Pete O'Rourke is normally a pretty good source on Twitter and he's named a few sides interested. Those AM positions are usually really competitive in terms of recruitment,
Good player, seen him play for Met Police a few years back, plenty potential. Mentioned him nearer the start of the thread I think

Banksy

Good player, seen him play for Met Police a few years back, plenty potential. Mentioned him nearer the start of the thread I think
With Bolton and Portsmouth rumoured to be after him we’ve got zilch chance of signing him I suspect.Roll on actual realistic approaches / signings by our manager.

Average Joe

signings by our manager.
So we'll end up signing players from NEwcastle U23 who in 3 months regret moving this far away and won't sign another year extension

Banksy

So we'll end up signing players from NEwcastle U23 who in 3 months regret moving this far away and won't sign another year extension
Nothing we say on here will influence matters ,the speculation is all for our own internal amusement.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Bolton and Portsmouth rumoured to be after him we’ve got zilch chance of signing him I suspect.Roll on actual realistic approaches / signings by our manager.
At face value yes when we are in a bun fight with the bigger clubs. However, it depends on whether the contract on the table is a first team starter or a squad role which is where we could win out?