• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointing.

In fairness, the story that was originally written said we were battling with Bolton to get his signature, so I suspect we did try to get him but we’ll talk to and miss out on multiple players this summer, I’m sure.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing.

In fairness, the story that was originally written said we were battling with Bolton to get his signature, so I suspect we did try to get him but we’ll talk to and miss out on multiple players this summer, I’m sure.
Probably his agent was using us as a negotiating tool , along the lines of ‘several other clubs are interested in Josh , make him a decent offer’ , probably never had a chance of getting him.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What do we think will be the first big story.
Archie or Josh leaving or our being able persuade Fulham to let us have Jay for another season

iscalad

Archie or Josh leaving or our being able persuade Fulham to let us have Jay for another season
None of the above......

Banksy

Fat chance of getting Jay I would think.Maybe he’ll be steered towards a Championship club?

denzel

Nathan Chislett is out of contract at Wimbledon. Attacking midfielder, has been one of their best players in a poor season for them. Would be a good replacement for Archie. Other league one clubs are interested

sign of the chimes

Nathan Chislett is out of contract at Wimbledon. Attacking midfielder, has been one of their best players in a poor season for them. Would be a good replacement for Archie. Other league one clubs are interested
Ethan Chislett is being linked with loads of L1 clubs at the moment - would normally suggest an over-excited agent but Pete O'Rourke is normally a pretty good source on Twitter and he's named a few sides interested. Those AM positions are usually really competitive in terms of recruitment,

grecIAN Harris

He might be a good signing but he won't be a good replacement for Archie, should he actually go. This lad is seemingly an attacking midfielder, Archie (played properly) is a box to box midfielder. They are two different types of players.

sign of the chimes

He might be a good signing but he won't be a good replacement for Archie, should he actually go. This lad is seemingly an attacking midfielder, Archie (played properly) is a box to box midfielder. They are two different types of players.
I've not seen enough of Chislett to have formed this opinion myself but those who appear to know more than me suggest that Chislett can play as either a ten or an eight (in the modern parlance) - the latter being very much a box-to-box role.

grecIAN Harris

I've not seen enough of Chislett to have formed this opinion myself but those who appear to know more than me suggest that Chislett can play as either a ten or an eight (in the modern parlance) - the latter being very much a box-to-box role.
If that's the case then maybe he could replace Archie but that certainly wasn't the idea being suggested by denzel.