• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Survival a possibility with Tisdale in charge?

Barum

Genuine question but do you think he'd have retained the same players if the embargo hadn't been in place? Having spent a fair bit of time in Embargoesville over the past few season we often seemed destined to keep hold of the dross whose registration we already owned whilst missing out on many promising trialists and other targets because we couldn't guarantee that we'd be able to sign them before windows closed - of course said players took the 'bird in hand' option when it was there.

Don't get me wrong - I've read plenty to suggest that Tisdale's made mistakes and has alienated a large proportion of your fanbase. However, if there are plenty of managers in this division doing their jobs with one hand tied behind their back it does seem that Tisdale has only been granted the use of a single digit this Summer.

Please don't tell anyone I've been sticking up a bit for a former s****ampton player - I'll never live it down... ;-)
The point is Tisdale effectively hascreated his own fecking embargo!

Because of three seasons of mainly tedious, lacklustre home performances, we have lost an (estimated) 400 ST holders.

400 x £400 = £160k.

The sums don't lie!,

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Survival ? With the boring dirge that Tisdale serves up week on week seemingly continuing we'll be lucky to get average gates of 2500 before very long. You see , most home supporters won't care about the politics of it all , they go to be entertained. Tisdale , unfortunately , has forgotten the meaning of the word. We can spout all we like on here , that's what it comes down to. So , in a word no , a sad end to our club maybe because of the arrogance of one man and the failure of others to correct it..

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

There are numerous instances of him offering contract extensions to players that aren't good enough. Oakley, Butterfield, Coles, O Flynn etc. When he had the money to sign a player he's shown no creativity and bought players way past their best. The lack of finance this summer is partly due to the tippy tappy, slow, negative football that he insists on playing.

People aren't coming to watch it but that's not his fault is it? He's had two seasons since we were relegated from league one to evolve the team and style of football yet he's done **** all about it apart from stand their and moan like an old woman.
But the point is, is it not, that YOU believe that Oakley, Butterfield, O'Flynn and Coles are not good enough. Clearly, Tisdale does not share your opinion Mancs in the same way that he does not share mine for three of the four players you have mentioned. Tisdale has the upper hand on the likes of you and me because it is his opinion who plays and like it or not it is his opinion that counts. Different managers have different opinions on the same player, it's how it is.

Barkley, was on loan to Leeds whilst Warnock was there and Everton recalled him because Warnok didn't rate him and wouldn't select him. Barkley went back to Everton, was promoted to the first team and subsequently selected for England. Three managers, two of which had with very different opinions on the same player.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the point is, is it not, that YOU believe that Oakley, Butterfield, O'Flynn and Coles are not good enough. Clearly, Tisdale does not share your opinion Mancs in the same way that he does not share mine for three of the four players you have mentioned. Tisdale has the upper hand on the likes of you and me because it is his opinion who plays and like it or not it is his opinion that counts. Different managers have different opinions on the same player, it's how it is.

Barkley, was on loan to Leeds whilst Warnock was there and Everton recalled him because Warnok didn't rate him and wouldn't select him. Barkley went back to Everton, was promoted to the first team and subsequently selected for England. Three managers, two of which had with very different opinions on the same player.
It is all very well talking about opinions.....the bottom line is that it is RESULTS that count and Tisdale is not delivering and has not delivered for at least three seasons.

I was hoping for a post by Edward on this thread by now- Edward has some dynamic ideas that will help the cash flow and he says "there is a way to get rid of Tisdale" - presumably without 2 years pay as notice and an unfair dismissal claim at an employment tribunal.

ECFC desperately needs dynamic business leaders - follow the money!

FAN-TATIC

It is all very well talking about opinions.....the bottom line is that it is RESULTS that count and Tisdale is not delivering and has not delivered for at least three seasons.
I agree SB. However, Mancs was expressing an opinion on four players that he does not rate. My response was to that particular statement.

manc grecian

I know it's his opinion and he's paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Sadly there's 1500-2000 people who disagree with him and that's one of the main reasons he's got no cash to spare. I'm not judging it over three months but three years. Not once in that time as he acknowledged his part in this downward spiral. All he does is stand there telling everybody "I told you so"

Sorry to say you can add me to the missing fans as well. Would rather watch paint dry.

It's not just the personnel. We could have different players but I still reckon they would be coached in the same way and sent out with the same instructions.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Survival is a possibility of course , league 2 is a crap league with crap teams.

I've gone past wanting to judge Tisdale , 3 seasons and nothing has changed - its boring , negative , predictable and costs too much too watch his team play.

Until he goes or until he commits to looking to entertain at home I wont be wasting my money.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Aaaw, don't say that! What will people be have to moan about then?
I know it's a bit lame, but I'd suggest getting behind the lads rather than writing off the season before the end of August.
It's going to be tough - we weren't the bookies favourites for relegation for nothing - but I think we've got some decent young players. They need encouragement.

Up the City!
Who is suggesting giving up and not getting behind the players? I will be going on Saturday and I want us to win whether I am there or not.

That is completely separate to my opinion on how tisdale sets out his sides. You call it moaning, I call it saying what I think.

hatch4england

Of course survival is possible....but is it probable? That's the question.

It is possible that the next time you turn on your electric kettle the water in it will freeze. It just isn't at all probable.

Our current plan will see us in Conf South in a few years. With, presumably, the highest-paid ever non-league manager.