• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon v ECFC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure of how you define sugar daddy but your club is entirely reliant on loans from Power and if he asked for the money back tomorrow you’d be completely screwed. As of a year ago those loans were apparently worth 6 million and I’m sure your army of loan signings this season won’t have come cheap.
Yes, sure looks a sugar daddy to me.
If our Swindon fan thinks that Swindon are skint then they're gonna be even more skint if Power asks for his money back. The article says he's loaned them 3m.
Ridiculous amounts of money for a Div 2 club. When will they ever learn?

Andy_H

If our Swindon fan thinks that Swindon are skint then they're gonna be even more skint if Power asks for his money back. The article says he's loaned them 3m.
Could even be another case for the 'Can't pay, we'll take it away.' team to act on! Oh, of course Swindon Town have already featured in a previous programme!

Blacky

Wow - that was a weird night in Swindon.

Save travels those on their way up.......see you all tomorrow

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could even be another case for the 'Can't pay, we'll take it away.' team to act on! Oh, of course Swindon Town have already featured in a previous programme!
Yes. Irresponsible ++ with their own finances and then fark up the division for everyone else. If an owner lends millions to a Div 1 or Div 2 team, sooner or later there's gonna be some grief
NB. Even several Championship clubs are walking the tightrope.
And yet clubs like City who do everything responsibly get their academy players nicked.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1,754 advance sales...428 available tomorrow from the ticket booth.
I assume most people have got their tickets in advance but it's not completely impossible those 428 could sell out so I hope there's a contingency plan in place.

Macca

I assume most people have got their tickets in advance but it's not completely impossible those 428 could sell out so I hope there's a contingency plan in place.
I doubt there is, the home end is almost a sell out looking at their forum. You snooze you lose.

We’re in for a cracking atmosphere, let’s hope we leave with big smiles on our faces.

STFC since 1879

Not sure of how you define sugar daddy but your club is entirely reliant on loans from Power and if he asked for the money back tomorrow you’d be completely screwed. As of a year ago those loans were apparently worth 6 million and I’m sure your army of loan signings this season won’t have come cheap.
We don't break any rules as every club can loan players but only play five of them at once. You could say the same about Derby last season and Chelseas, Man City and Bournemouth would struggle if their owners pulled the plug. Also Power has made enough money out of his assets he's sold over the last five years or so

STFC since 1879

Yes. Irresponsible ++ with their own finances and then fark up the division for everyone else. If an owner lends millions to a Div 1 or Div 2 team, sooner or later there's gonna be some grief
NB. Even several Championship clubs are walking the tightrope.
And yet clubs like City who do everything responsibly get their academy players nicked.
We're now debt free and Power will make his money if and when he sell something his share of the club

STFC since 1879

I think you're facts are wrong Power wrote off our debt and will only make money when he sells his share of the club. He's in the process of building a new training complex along with houses and horse/stable facilities and dosen't hide the fact he's building property to make money. Don't get me wrong over the last six years the fan said have hated the guy and blame him for our demise with poor manager choices and asset stripping but slowly but surely he's started to change opinion and doing the right things on and off the pitch

AB Ciren

I think you're facts are wrong Power wrote off our debt and will only make money when he sells his share of the club. He's in the process of building a new training complex along with houses and horse/stable facilities and dosen't hide the fact he's building property to make money. Don't get me wrong over the last six years the fan said have hated the guy and blame him for our demise with poor manager choices and asset stripping but slowly but surely he's started to change opinion and doing the right things on and off the pitch
My understanding is that he has been refused planning permission by Highworth borough council and there has been no start date given it might be that the Secretary of State could get involved if in the end he is refused he might just up sticks and go else where