• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Latest column

I know its great that he does these, but surely continuing to think that 'we deserved to win' and 'we were the better side' is part of the problem.

We didn't deserve anything against Vale, we couldn't score, and they were a poor side who still beat us. Accept this and we might start to work out how to win games.

milts

Interestingly, there are no supportive words towards the manager or staff.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same old guff, although what can he be expected to say?

Grecianpasty

Infers that he's had fed up with the manager too!

larrywilkie

Latest column

I know its great that he does these, but surely continuing to think that 'we deserved to win' and 'we were the better side' is part of the problem.

We didn't deserve anything against Vale, we couldn't score, and they were a poor side who still beat us. Accept this and we might start to work out how to win games.
Slightly twisting his words, he actually said "I'm not sure we deserved to lose" against Vale, which would be a fair assessment in my mind, and yes we did deserve something from the game on chances created.

larrywilkie

Must have missed that bit, where does he infer that?

denzel

Slightly twisting his words, he actually said "I'm not sure we deserved to lose" against Vale, which would be a fair assessment in my mind, and yes we did deserve something from the game on chances created.
They deserved to win on the basis that they got the ball in the net and we didn't.
We don't complain if we win in such a manner, we shouldn't moan if we lose.

STURTZ

No, it just illustrates that people see what they want to see.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
They deserved to win on the basis that they got the ball in the net and we didn't.
We don't complain if we win in such a manner, we shouldn't moan if we lose.
We haven't deserved to win a game in the league since Cheltenham and even that match was a laboured win.

That is a huge issue, we aren't even being unlucky at the moment or can point to good performances to give the fans hope we can turn this around, we offer nothing across the whole pitch at the moment and for me Caldwell should go for that reason alone. Even 3-4 battling draws in the league last 3 months would have offered some hope to the fans that we have some guts and determination in the side.

It does feel like though what is the point, the boards are blindly and stupidly backing GC in this mess, so what is the point of complaining. It really does feel like we have to hope and pray Caldwell can keep us up by the skin of our teeth. That is the only hope now for this season.

Whatever happens now though, assuming we do retain Caldwell until the end of the season, I really feel GC should be gone irrespective of whether we stay up or not. I have zero confidence in him to firstly keep us up and then secondly put us in a good position to battle for promotion next season.

dontpassback

caldwell is slowly sucking away all the good will,from the players and supporters of our football club,when will taggy et al,wake up,otherwise we will start next season in league two !