• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 20 fiercest rivalries in English football

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
we have had very very few sum 3k gates in the last 5 yrs (for a league game) even though we have been total dog **** at home, so its fair to say we have a hard core of 3k

You will disagree with his, and somehow justify it, because you seem to get off on that, but you cant argue the above fact
Of course I can disagree you bloody *****. 'Very few sub 3k gates' means that we have had sub 3k gates, as in gates where less than three thousand people have turned up to watch. This is an indisputable fact, and one which you agree with as you've stated it yourself.

Given that, how on earth can we have a hardcore of three thousand who turn up for EVERY game when quite clearly they haven't turned up for every game because if they had we would have had NO sub 3k gates rather than VERY FEW sub 3k gates.

F***ing hell, it's not difficult is it?

angelic upstart

yep, Rog its true they dont care about us in the sligthest :) and then post that vid online proving they hate us with a passion
I've not said they don't hate us, I've not said there isn't a rivalry.

I've said it's not anywhere near the top 20 fierce rivalries in the country, which I don't think it is. Some of these reasons I've highlighted earlier in the thread.

motorservices

Of course I can disagree you bloody *****. 'Very few sub 3k gates' means that we have had sub 3k gates, as in gates where less than three thousand people have turned up to watch. This is an indisputable fact, and one which you agree with as you've stated it yourself.

Given that, how on earth can we have a hardcore of three thousand who turn up for EVERY game when quite clearly they haven't turned up for every game because if they had we would have had NO sub 3k gates rather than VERY FEW sub 3k gates.

F***ing hell, it's not difficult is it?
moran, you';re funny, better than being a ****ing clueless ****

you disagree with everyone on here for the sake of it, i think we have a hard core of 3k you seem to think its 1500, in that case we took 2/3s of our hardcore to HP, which makes it look even better

now surely you have better things to do, like paying peanuts or posting look at me look at me pictures on FB/****ter

Antony Moxey

moran, you';re funny, better than being a ****ing clueless ****

you disagree with everyone on here for the sake of it, i think we have a hard core of 3k you seem to think its 1500, in that case we took 2/3s of our hardcore to HP, which makes it look even better

now surely you have better things to do, like paying peanuts or posting look at me look at me pictures on FB/****ter
What on earth are you on about? We have 3000 hardcore fans who go to every game, yet we've had crowds of less than 3000. How can 3000 be at every game when the crowds for some games are less than 3000?

This isn't disagreeing for the sake of it, it's disagreeing BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG! If 3000 really do go to every game then how have we had games where the crowd is less than 3000? How are people thre when they're not there? They are either there or they aren't, and they aren't then you cannot say 3000 go to every game when quite obviously they don't.

Surely you can see that?

angelic upstart

Ii think we have a hard core of 3k you seem to think its 1500, in that case we took 2/3s of our hardcore to HP, which makes it look even better
I would suggest a fierce local rivalry should get the whole city #buzzing not just the hardcore. Everyone would want a piece of the action. Tickets being the hottest in town etc. That simply doesn't happen in either city for our derby. Yet another reason why it isn't as fierce as we want.

Grecian Max

Id suggest that we were left out because its a little more under the radar given our position in sleepy Devon. A lot of people not from the county often think that our main rivals are Torquay because they're geographically closer than Argyle.

Derbies are complex things, often not even local with many different reasons to exist. It's one of the best thing a about football and to be honest beyond the really intense ones at the top level, most are probably pretty similar in that is matters to those involved but everyone is ambivalent.

A lot of clubs don't have Derby matches at all, we do, and I love the wonky parochial Devon love (hate) triangle we have going on, cut off from the rest of the England. Most importantly I hate Argyle and always will, and they hate us back because it's all we and they have as with most rivalries . Threads down playing it remind me of how Celtic fans have been talking about the 'new' Rangers - that they don't matter, theu have no rivalry now that the old club is dead etc. Obviously the Old Firm is on another scale with extra poltical/religious elements. But what is similar is that the rivalry helps define the clubs and what they are.

Last edited: