• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Blame Game at No.11 (No.10)

Bittners a Legend

He has blamed snow, and he has blamed the Royal Wedding.

What will Mr.Osborne find to blame for the state of the economy on Tuesday?

All answers, even cheese related, are welcomed. Perhaps when Gideon runs out of ideas he can turn to this thread for assistance.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't, actually, that was the so-called "experts".

Do carry on.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...

Do carry on.
His aides would almost certainly have to run press releases past him.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
We wouldn't be in this mess if more people bought Somerset brie instead of French brie.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Almost as bad as UK retailers constantly blaming the weather. If their profits are that susceptible to fluctuations in the weather you wonder why they set up shop in the UK in the first place.

As for no 11, unfortunately for them they can only use the valid excuse of blaming the previous government for so long. The 10 year credit orgy is over. The Tories are trying to do their best with the cleanup, but they are right...it'll be a rough ride for at least 5 years.

I believe they are doing the right thing though. I wholly disagree that you can buy your way out of a recession (a la Balls). If I got myself in a right hole, I certainly wouldn't rush out and try and get a few more credit cards.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
His aides would almost certainly have to run press releases past him.
I'm not talking about his aides. I'm talking about the analysts.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Almost as bad as UK retailers constantly blaming the weather. If their profits are that susceptible to fluctuations in the weather you wonder why they set up shop in the UK in the first place.

As for no 11, unfortunately for them they can only use the valid excuse of blaming the previous government for so long. The 10 year credit orgy is over. The Tories are trying to do their best with the cleanup, but they are right...it'll be a rough ride for at least 5 years.

I believe they are doing the right thing though. I wholly disagree that you can buy your way out of a recession (a la Balls). If I got myself in a right hole, I certainly wouldn't rush out and try and get a few more credit cards.
Indeed, agree with that. The 2010 Election was a bit of a hot potato, whoever got in would be damned for a long while unless they could be seen to make a real positive impact. There is, of course, still a long way to go until 2015.

There is no doubt in my (biased) mind that had Labour remained in power we'd have been close to an IMF bailout by now. And our borrowing costs would DEFINITELY not have been lower than those of Germany.

Bittners a Legend

Do carry on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGIT1Bipz_k&feature=related

I'm worried enough people aren't buying cheese full stop.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGIT1Bipz_k&feature=related

I'm worried enough people aren't buying cheese full stop.
In response, yes.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I'm not talking about his aides. I'm talking about the analysts.
Except the wedding one was uttered by his aides, and the video you just saw sorted out the other part.

"Analysts" may have agreed with him but this is merely a correlation.