• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Music Thread

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention of The Wonder Stuff? Criminally overlooked (although they probably put themselves out of the Britpop running by splitting up in 94).

Saw them live this year and they were blisteringly good.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved indie music at the time and was the perfect age for it too. My most listened to would've been supergrass, ash, cast, ocean colour scene, the verve, James, manics, blur and oasis. Although most of them wouldn't wanna be called britpop.

For various reasons, blur and oasis get pelters these days but oasis' first two albums and blur parklife albums remain decent in my view.

P.S. Swanny is correct Mansun were quality too. Loved that video of them dropping money on unsuspecting passers by at Liverpool Street station.
Really liked Cast. Such a pity that Lee Mavers didn't want to carry on with The La's but good for John Power to keep going and get good success.

Radio Free Skaro

No mention of The Wonder Stuff? Criminally overlooked (although they probably put themselves out of the Britpop running by splitting up in 94).

Saw them live this year and they were blisteringly good.
I agree with both your statements!