• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Artell now 1/2 with some bookies. Wonder if it’s just because they’ve received a number of bets on him, or if there’s more to it.

I think he’d be a decent appointment.
Or because he fits perfectly what City say they are looking for in the job advert - an experienced first team manager with proven experience of developing youngsters.

Boyo

My point was that the job advert doesn’t make the job look particularly attractive. It could be worded so much better. Then again, given a professional football club’s manager’s position is so high profile within the industry, you wonder why an advert is needed at all. Surely all you need is such and such are looking for a new manager, you’ve got until such and such a date to apply.
Random thought. If Rotherham had advertised their vacancy and MT had subsequently applied and was successful, would we have been able to get compensation from Rotherham, as they wouldn't have approached us? It feels like it changes the dynamics of the situation. Maybe that's why we are formally advertising the role?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Random thought. If Rotherham had advertised their vacancy and MT had subsequently applied and was successful, would we have been able to get compensation from Rotherham, as they wouldn't have approached us? It feels like it changes the dynamics of the situation. Maybe that's why we are formally advertising the role?
Whatever the situation re advertising, if a contract existed between two other parties, satisfactory compensation would be required to exit it.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doesn't work like that in the main, If a manager moves on or sacked and a club has identified a particular target or targets they go down the route of asking permission etc but looking at our advert it seems to me they're not necessarily looking to promote from within and looking to see who's around to fit their criteria, Of course they may in the end promote from within but to me they are trying to make the best possible appointment.

tom_ecfc

Artell now 1/2 with some bookies. Wonder if it’s just because they’ve received a number of bets on him, or if there’s more to it.

I think he’d be a decent appointment.
Interviews are not until next Wed-Fri, so will be bets.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't even know if Artell will apply so his odds reflect the amount of money placed by punters.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't even know if Artell will apply so his odds reflect the amount of money placed by punters.
Will be interesting if anyone spots Artell in the crowd on Saturday

C j phill

Will be interesting if anyone spots Artell in the crowd on Saturday
I'd have thought it would be sensible for any who is currently unemployed, who has applied, would be in the crowd on Saturday as I can well imagine that one of the interview questions could be - what is your analysis of our performance in last Saturday's game, in terms of what went well and what went less well?

Grecian Ed

Mother is from Crewe so follow them closely. I can’t say IF DA was to come it’d be a brilliant appointment but then again who knows.

tonykellowfan

Why do we want someone who so clearly failed in L1?

I do not want Artell.