• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Leyton Orient versus Exeter City Matchday Thread

roger wellman

Really enjoyable game apart from the 2 goals we conceded. The first a pretty obvious foul on Sinisalo being impeded by 3 LO players. Last 20 completely dominated LO who were literally just hanging on at the end. Great goal from Ali and important he got his first goal.

ryancooper327

Would have won if Niskanen didn’t miss-kanen…

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yanic and Harris changed the game. Loved seeing us finally overload the box towards the end.

Bridgy 81

Do you know what?
I appreciate it can be a bit, or a lot, frustrating at times but I love following City.
And despite my lack of hair and sometimes nervous disposition, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Credit to all fellow Grecians who were there this evening, you’re equally responsible for our performance and result tonight.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent performance marred by moments of sloppiness in both boxes. Should've won that, really. Subs were good and made a difference. Thought Niskanen had a good game overall, but that miss... Likewise, Caroll... Was handy, but gave them a goal and missed a sitter. If not for those two moments, 3-1 win would've been a reasonable reflection. Still suffering from limited options at centre forward. Hope Alli can kick on... There were positive signs.

Memphis09

A very even game except for their "lucky" goal. Richards has been great . Makes you wonder why Harris has been picked ahead of him.

I have been watching carefully and have used all my half century knowledge of football and I still conclude that Carroll is not very good!
If you look at the stats Carroll has been the main player in midfield
the sort of player you miss when not playing
underrated by a lot of fans but I am not one of them

Really enjoyable game apart from the 2 goals we conceded. The first a pretty obvious foul on Sinisalo being impeded by 3 LO players. Last 20 completely dominated LO who were literally just hanging on at the end. Great goal from Ali and important he got his first goal.
Agree about the game - a very enjoyable and brave 2nd half performance by City.

Can't agree about their first goal. They played on Sinisalo's biggest weakness - his lack of physicality in his own 6 yard box. A good in-swinging corner under his crossbar with players around him and he's always struggling to cope.

I think Sinisalo has been great this season, but it's this area of his game which needs most work and it's the one which opposition teams look to target every week.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very even game except for their "lucky" goal. Richards has been great . Makes you wonder why Harris has been picked ahead of him.

I have been watching carefully and have used all my half century knowledge of football and I still conclude that Carroll is not very good!
The stats can be misleading of course, but they don't tell the story of an even game. Neither did my eyes watching, to be honest. Of course, theres an element of giving up the impetus from having a two goal lead to defend, but I thought over all, we were well superior, just shot ourselves in the foot at particular moments.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Vale and Northampton next up don’t normally get anything from the latter but must have a great chance of winning against Vale and ideally coming up to the Northampton game still unbeaten would be great to be playing last match against Oxford still unbeaten and even possibly starting next season with the chance to continue it. Well done boys and GC.
Thanks to a combination of GC & Co being able to change players v 10 men, the lads now not giving up when losing & our "friends Carlisle" we are safe for another season in L1.
What else did I learn tonight :-

1. On this performance alone JR Hartley is going to take some keeping,
2. Alli can be a threat (goal plus strength to retrieve ball in box without fouling, dribble past 2 in tight area and set up Nisk (sadly wearing boots on wrong feet));
3. The "Ginger Perlo" has "rediscovered his perm" and been at the centre of our recovery since Xmas - every effort should be made to keep him;
4. Carroll's sideways pass completion percentage took a serious knock but he was their to claim another deflected goal
5. Yannic can attack / cross at will
6. Reece Cole is a grenade waiting to go off and needs counselling before we end up playing with 10
7. Diabate is a threat in the opposition pen area

Finally I owe GC & Co at least a beer for saving us and will now change my vote conditional on him having another goalscorer lined up !

Safe trip home you noisy 600 Grecians

red1

How anyone can say TC isnt very good needs to give their heads a wobble. Obvious mistake tonight, but in general the boy is quality. Dominates play, and now with Woods, we have a very good midfield pairing