• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Mike Pence enters the republican redneck dog fight
In for a Penny, in for a Pound(ing)?
Good luck getting votes from those who built a gallows for him on January 6th.

If they had used it would the headline have been 'No Ex Pence Spared'?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
'The Donald' realising that time's up and he is in serious sh*t. Goodbye, you won't be missed:

It's like we've been transported back to Massachusetts in 1692 again.

If the USA were some third world backwater we'd be decrying the corruption at the heart of government. In Russia he'd have had to endure some pretty suspicious tasting tea, and make sure he didn't accidentally fall out of windows.

Phil Sayers

It's like we've been transported back to Massachusetts in 1692 again.

If the USA were some third world backwater we'd be decrying the corruption at the heart of government. In Russia he'd have had to endure some pretty suspicious tasting tea, and make sure he didn't accidentally fall out of windows.
The guy is reportedly on tape back in 2021 saying he knows full well he has retained a classified document relating to Pentagon plans to attack Iran's nuclear programme. It's not just that he broke the law but also that he admitted he knew what he was doing with just about the most sensitive type of document imaginable. Do you believe that the DoJ should just ignore that? I must say I find this modern trend of UK politics aficianados becoming hyper-partisan about US politics along party-political lines to be utterly bizarre.

lamrobhero

I must say I find this modern trend of UK politics aficianados becoming hyper-partisan about US politics along party-political lines to be utterly bizarre.
I can explain as far as I am concerned.
To me the Democrats are a real left-wing party, unlike Labour (aka Tory Mark II). So the Democrats are a symbol of hope.
Overall MSNBC political coverage is streets ahead of anything in the UK (though I acknowledge that some of it is sub par).

Re non-political, if I want a perspective on Harry's latest adventures I go to the US media.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The guy is reportedly on tape back in 2021 saying he knows full well he has retained a classified document relating to Pentagon plans to attack Iran's nuclear programme. It's not just that he broke the law but also that he admitted he knew what he was doing with just about the most sensitive type of document imaginable. Do you believe that the DoJ should just ignore that? I must say I find this modern trend of UK politics aficianados becoming hyper-partisan about US politics along party-political lines to be utterly bizarre.

We'll see how it all comes out in the wash. After all, there was supposed to be definitive proof of Russian collusion, which turned out to be a tableau of lies. If he is guilty (actually guilty, not the Kangaroo Court "guilty" of the thing in New York the other week), he should of course be punished to the full extent of the law.

I have no strong feelings either way about Trump (aside from recognising the achievements of his presidency that the UK media in particular would never deign to mention), but I do recognise a witch-hunt when I see one. Meanwhile the Biden family is seemingly as corrupt as they come, with a pile of evidence to back it up, and the media does all it can to stick its fingers in its ears and say "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I can explain as far as I am concerned.
To me the Democrats are a real left-wing party, unlike Labour (aka Tory Mark II). So the Democrats are a symbol of hope.
Overall MSNBC political coverage is streets ahead of anything in the UK (though I acknowledge that some of it is sub par).

Re non-political, if I want a perspective on Harry's latest adventures I go to the US media.
The Democrats are indeed now properly a left-wing party having been previously centre-left. Sadly that's about as far as I would go in terms of agreeing with your post.

elginCity

I must say I find this modern trend of UK politics aficianados becoming hyper-partisan about US politics along party-political lines to be utterly bizarre.
Always thought it an 'Anglosphere' thing, clinging to the MAGA comfort blanket after leaving the EU.

DB9

If found to be true regarding the charges against Trump will it affect things regarding 2024?

Mr Jinx

If found to be true regarding the charges against Trump will it affect things regarding 2024?
In some respects the continuing Dem stitch up should be careful what it wishes for. Taking Trump altogether out of the game ahead of 2024 puts forward the possibility of an unscathed De Santis. And, were that to be the case, he'd wipe the floor with Sleepy.

At least were Trump to run in 2024, being the damaged goods that he is, and being almost as old as Biden, I'm not so sure he'd win.

Last edited:

lamrobhero

the indictment is unsealed, inter alia from bbc reporting:

... The classified documents seized by the FBI at Mar-a-Lago contained information about the United States nuclear programme, the weapons capabilities of the US and other foreign powers, as well as "the potential vulnerabilities of the US and its allies to military attack".
The indictment claims such documents were stored for more than a year at a Florida social club, with hundreds of members and 150 staff, and that the documents were stored - at various times - in a ballroom, a bathroom, an office and a bedroom at the Palm Beach venue. ...

Edit: I know lets worry about Hilary Clinton's emails