• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The SJP Pitch 2023/24

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I bagged myself a smart looking Adidas training top in the sale.
I tried it on and checked myself out in the mirror before buying it and I reckon I could easily pass for one of the players.
What the hell did you have in your sandwiches???

Bridgy 81

I took some cold lasagne left over from our previous evening's tea.
Mind you I only ate it in my car after I'd seen how good I looked in the mirror at the club shop.
Perhaps I should have scoffed my lunch before I tried the top on?

iscalad

I took some cold lasagne left over from our previous evening's tea.
Mind you I only ate it in my car after I'd seen how good I looked in the mirror at the club shop.
Perhaps I should have scoffed my lunch before I tried the top on?
How much sauce did you dribble?

denzel

I thought the pitch looked in great condition when I was at the Oxford match last Saturday and a credit to all involved in producing and maintaining it.
But when I was at SJP yesterday for a meeting in one of the executive boxes I was horrified by the state of it when I walked into the room and first looked out.
I couldn't believe the damage the Stanno charity match and the local league final appeared to have done to it over the past few days.
Then I saw Chas walking purposefully along the touchline, then also spotted some heavy machinery over by the away end corner flag.
They obviously aren't wasting any time getting to work ahead of next season.
I suppose the clue was in the fact that I couldn't get into the stadium car park because it's currently closed off whilst it's being used for some temporary storage.
It's incredible how much effort, knowledge and money must have to go into the process of creating a good surface for our players to perform on.
It was also nice to have a quiet look around the club shop on a non-matchday when it's less busy and you can take your time a bit more.
I bagged myself a smart looking Adidas training top in the sale.
I tried it on and checked myself out in the mirror before buying it and I reckon I could easily pass for one of the players.
So I presume that if the women's game was happening we wouldn't have had the charity game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

More sand than Sidmouth.

Colesman Ballz

More sand than Sidmouth.
That's not hard, most places have ! Shirley it's all pebbles in Sidmuff ? :unsure:

denzel

That's not hard, most places have ! Shirley it's all pebbles in Sidmuff ? :unsure:
Jacobs Ladder beach has some sand

Colesman Ballz

Jacobs Ladder beach has some sand
Isn't it a bit dangerous to venture along there though, unless you fancy having part of the cliff land on your head ? :(

iscalad

Err, that was sort of the point...😀