• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're interested, Alresford station on the Watercress Line has some fabulous photographs of the S&DJR. What a fabulous route it was!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A very enjoyable time yesterday on the West Somerset Railway for the final day of the summer diesel gala hopping from train to train with a rover ticket to get a view of or journey on the visiting locos. The Deltic “Alycidon” seen at Williton below an absolute monster. Memories of college just after steam finished with the Class 33’s

Good to catch up with Exeweb’s Mr Ballz at his stand on the platform at Minehead.

IMG_1275.jpeg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I bet that made some noise!

Alistair20000

I bet that made some noise!
Sure did :)

Colesman Ballz

A very enjoyable time yesterday on the West Somerset Railway for the final day of the summer diesel gala hopping from train to train with a rover ticket to get a view of or journey on the visiting locos. The Deltic “Alycidon” seen at Williton below an absolute monster. Memories of college just after steam finished with the Class 33’s

Good to catch up with Exeweb’s Mr Ballz at his stand on the platform at Minehead.

View attachment 11802
I note that you even found time for a bit of multitasking, and post on the "Politics tread" whilst travelling ! :)

Alistair20000

I note that you even found time for a bit of multitasking, and post on the "Politics tread" whilst travelling ! :)
Aye but I was really looking without success for the thread which is about meeting Exewebbers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More clips of stupid people on the railways

Alistair20000

Utter madness 🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

Utter madness 🤷‍♂️
Not defending the trespass in any way but, to be fair, given the red light they did at very least seem to have a grasp on the basics of railway signalling.

Colesman Ballz

Not defending the trespass in any way but, to be fair, given the red light they did at very least seem to have a grasp on the basics of railway signalling.
Alas they ignored the first basic rule of safety, ie not to walk along the tracks between the rails. In these days of "retention toilets" you may not experience the double jeopardy of also stepping in the poo of some passenger who dutifully adhered to the exhortations of not flushing whilst the train was standing in a station, but trains do travel a lot faster nowadays so perhaps the idiots just had a death wish ? :unsure: