• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Red Monster

Re: Tisdale must go

Perhaps, the most damning stat is the one that shows that John Coleman.. (yes, that bad tempered person) from Accrington Stanley has a far superior win percentage over his managerial career....
Why is it damning John Coleman is bloody good manager.

As for the win percentage that's a little miss leading as PT win percentage at Team Bath isn't included but Coleman
58% win rate at Ashton Utd is .
But Coleman has had a brilliant season at Accrington

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Why the aggression, I was only asking a question. You don't know though, you just have your friend's opinion - he might be right, he might be wrong, you have no way of knowing.

As for your twenty points, I don't remember them all so maybe thought they just weren't worth bothering with. The one we're discussing now I did.
Aggressive? I'm surprised that you're being so sensitive, Moxers.
I'm afraid your question just wasn't worth bothering about, so I didn't really give it any attention - I was watching footie at the time.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster

Why is it damning John Coleman is bloody good manager.

As for the win percentage that's a little miss leading as PT win percentage at Team Bath isn't included but Coleman
58% win rate at Ashton Utd is .
But Coleman has had a brilliant season at Accrington
I don't disagree, I think John Coleman is a very decent manager, despite his relative failure at Rochdale. However, that hasn't been the general opinion on here over the years. If you can find Team Bath stats I am more than willing for you to include them as part of the analysis.....

davecg

A dig on Twitter at Exeweb contributors by someone who doesn't have the balls to post on here
I do post on here..
I didn't know Exeweb was the only place to debate ECFC.
I stand corrected.

Red Monster

I don't disagree, I think John Coleman is a very decent manager, despite his relative failure at Rochdale. However, that hasn't been the general opinion on here over the years. If you can find Team Bath stats I am more than willing for you to include them as part of the analysis.....
I think the early encounters with Accrington and Coleman were they were tough team who kicked anything that moved and Coleman was like Steve Evans , but he seems to have evolved and not only he talks sense and is gracious win or lose
his team plays good on the eye a passing brand of football.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

I do post on here..
I didn't know Exeweb was the only place to debate ECFC.
I stand corrected.
My apologies.

hatch4england

Clearly any comment on what resources a club may or may not have is speculation. On the other hand, whilst Accy's owner may well have put in a lot of money (is the figure known or speculation?), the Trust is known to have put in a similar amount to ECFC.
We do, of course, get much larger crowds than they.

I love the very disengenouous 'sustained' success qualification. What is 'sustained?' 3 years? 10? The nature of the beast is that it is cyclical. But I digress.

Most of the following probably have very similar fan bases to ECFC's (or smaller) and yet are currently above us in the league.
Wimbledon, Accrington, Cambridge, Wycombe, Carlisle,Mansfield, Crewe, Colchester, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Oldham, Rochdale,Bury,Southend, Port Value, Burton, Walsall, Gillingham, Scunthorpe. Hence etc etc.

I think the only L1 side I haven't seen us play in the league is Coventry and also we've shared leagues the majority of the Championship sides also. On the ground that we once were in the same position as they and are now below them, they have done better than we.

So, sophistry aside, where's the doubt that we're not tearing up trees?

If you are happy with mediocrity than that is great for you, because if that's where you set your expectation level, you'll get a ton of it.

I hate mediocrity with a passion.

Last edited:

paperclip

That's it then. It's all sorted out finally. We can close the thread and all go off on our holidays. Pete is happy, job done. Did we really need 300 + pages when it was all that easy?
Closing this thread would deprive us of your analysis of this season and Tisdales performance, which IIRC you have promised once all 46 games have been played.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

I don't think it was the Clarke comparison that Ant was quibbling with, it was the guff that went with it. Even if you accept your version of the facts about Clarke's achievements, you have only argued that one lower league manager has a better (recent) record than Tis. Hardly damning is it.
Pardon! But I do accept my version of Clarke's achievements, that being the reason I wrote them down in the first place. If you, however, consider them to be inaccurate, then I wouldn't be offended if you or anyone else pointed any errors.

I stated that since our return to div4, 16 managers will have taken their teams to a higher league 'come this seasons end', therefore, 4 and not 1 will have bested Tisdale recently. Oh, and I do admire Clarke -especially with him piloting a Rovers to promotion with a team made up with 13 free transfers - I don't think the Rover's rich new owner arrived until late this February?

Fareham Grecian

Pardon! But I do accept my version of Clarke's achievements, that being the reason I wrote them down in the first place. If you, however, consider them to be inaccurate, then I wouldn't be offended if you or anyone else pointed any errors.

I stated that since our return to div4, 16 managers will have taken their teams to a higher league 'come this seasons end', therefore, 4 and not 1 will have bested Tisdale recently. Oh, and I do admire Clarke -especially with him piloting a Rovers to promotion with a team made up with 13 free transfers - I don't think the Rover's rich new owner arrived until late this February?
As I am sure you realised, I was using 'you' as a generic pronoun rather than using 'one' - it wasn't referring to you personally.

The whole debate has been - generally - about how Tis compares to other managers taking into account budget. Your '16 managers have done better' meme takes no account of this, which you tried to rectify by fleshing out the Darrell Clarke comparison. My point therefore is that even if ONE accepts that comparison (and I probably do), your theory could just result in the conclusion that Tis is the second best manager in L2. Again, I am not necessarily saying that, but I am interested in the mechanics of the debate - if ONE wants to paint Tis as 'a bit ****', ONE needs much more evidence than one manager being a bit better than him...