• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Swindon?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I could care less what plymouth fans think either way.

I have seen fans of other clubs come to watch us when the performance wasn't good so it's swings and roundabouts for me.

malcolms

Its a matter of opinion, as it always is. However, I firmly believe that any managerial position has a relatively limited "shelf life" (this applies to the commercial world as well as the sporting one). A new face, saying and doing something in a different way, can energise the performance of any team. As with everything, it comes with potential downsides so careful thought needs to be given to the type of individual who is chosen. Wenger has reached a point where he can no longer "see the wood for the trees" and I think PT, who has been in place almost as long, is in a similar mind-set....

arthur

Three seasons in and Tisdale had turned that squad into one competing in League One, both through developing the talent he inherited and augmenting it with some fine and often inspired signings (Matt Taylor stands out).
I can't remember which game (Carlisel?) it was, but there was an occasion in League One when eight of the team (which won that day, incidentally) had played for us in the Conference. This was no mean achievement. It's what's happened since then that has ranged from troubling to outright depressing, notwithstanding occasional glimmers of hope (and we all know what they do - ask Brian Stimpson )

Last edited:

MagzECFC

Its a matter of opinion, as it always is. However, I firmly believe that any managerial position has a relatively limited "shelf life" (this applies to the commercial world as well as the sporting one). A new face, saying and doing something in a different way, can energise the performance of any team. As with everything, it comes with potential downsides so careful thought needs to be given to the type of individual who is chosen. Wenger has reached a point where he can no longer "see the wood for the trees" and I think PT, who has been in place almost as long, is in a similar mind-set....
I haven't read the entire thread but I'm starting to feel like I +1 this. Nothing against Tis and I'll always be happy with what he has achieved while here but sometimes things just get a bit stale and a mix up is good! The longer he stays here cant be doing wonders for his career either surely he has ambitions he wants to acheive?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't read the entire thread but I'm starting to feel like I +1 this. Nothing against Tis and I'll always be happy with what he has achieved while here but sometimes things just get a bit stale and a mix up is good! The longer he stays here cant be doing wonders for his career either surely he has ambitions he wants to acheive?
IMO Tisdale is a true inigma and very difficult to fathom out. During his time with the Club he has shown that as football managers go he is not in the typical mode. This season unlike recent seasons I think few of us would argue over much with his squad selection or indeed the way he has managed his players particularly the older ones to get the best he can out those with good football brains but now ageing legs. He has also shown that particularly with his use of substitutes he is not afraid to go all for a win.

Most of us have felt that we have a good squad of players many of whom would on the face it be capable of playing at least at League One level. Ribiero, Brown, Harley, Noble (although the last two have had spells out injured) Holmes, Alex Nicholls and Wheeler have at times looked a class above League Two.

Performance have to say the least been inconsistent. So the question is, is Tisdale using his resources efficiently and getting the best out of his players and If not then why not?

The marriage of Tisdale with the Club has been good for both parties. However nothing lasts for ever and perhaps now is the time for both parties to reconsider whether it is still in their best interests to continue in wedlock.

I cannot help but feel if Tisdale did move on it would be a true test as to just how capable our present Club Directors are at running the Club something which I think sooner or later we will have to face up to.

grecIAN Harris

Oh God!! How is this place goingto cope with a post of too much common sense again.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back on the threads subject the swindon owner said on 5 live he would like someone that has 'history' with the club
so on the face of it rules tis out

grecIAN Harris

Back on the threads subject the swindon owner said on 5 live he would like someone that has 'history' with the club
so on the face of it rules tis out
Hoddle? Shaun Taylor?? Lingy (if he's well enough)??

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hoddle? Shaun Taylor?? Lingy (if he's well enough)??
hoddle would be a coup

grecIAN Harris

hoddle would be a coup
It was first time around.