• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale wants noone to turn on the style

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does that make me a toenailer Poult?
You know it does Geoffrey, unashamedly so, I'd hope.

It's easy only seven games in, to question his lack of foresight on Noone, aging players or lack of replacements, or his reluctance to get behind the wheel, or his perceived one-track mind over the summer.

Thing is Tis has a habit of finishing a season with a bang, rather than start one, and that suits me just fine. He's earned the right now to be judged on the whole, not part.

Donna

Thing is Tis has a habit of finishing a season with a bang ...
Always better to finish with a bang, not a whimper.

Well-known Exeweb poster
He would have been ironic.

Think I may have recognised irony. The guy was 100% serious, didn't go to spurs anymore, ditto. said he preferred to watch the arse wipes on tv at the local !!

STURTZ

You know it does Geoffrey, unashamedly so, I'd hope.

It's easy only seven games in, to question his lack of foresight on Noone, aging players or lack of replacements, or his reluctance to get behind the wheel, or his perceived one-track mind over the summer.

Thing is Tis has a habit of finishing a season with a bang, rather than start one, and that suits me just fine. He's earned the right now to be judged on the whole, not part.

Tisdale will always be his own man and that man has taken us up two divisions in two years to become the most succesful manager in our history. I'm dumbfounded by some decisions (such as his reluctance to make substitutions v Yeovil f'rinstance) but he has earned a whole season to get things right in what may have been (what poults refers to as) the old third division but let's remember that we were in the old southern league 18 months ago!

Ian Tarr

The telling statement from tis has been that we haven't had an out and out winger like Noone since we had Lee Elam.

We all know that Tis fell out of love with the Male Eel when it became apparent that he was largely peripheral and only got involved on rare occasions, a luxuary player that Tisdale decided we were better off without. We found success by having players that were capable of working hard all over the pitch. No more wingers.

I'm hopeful that Noone will show the value of a wide player and give Tisdale a glimpse of how we could become more effective with such an outlet.

Shame that we never followed up Mike B's tip but there are plenty more wingers out there.
Yes, there are plenty of wingers out there, but are they good enough?

We could have had Hutton, but Tis decided against, possibly because of his stature?

To accommodate an out and out winger, and to an extent change the way we play, I think Tis feels he has to have real confidence in such a player's ability to bring some consistency. He obviously feels Noone is good enough to do this.

The only problem is, when Noone goes back to Argyle, what are the chances of finding a player of similar ability within our budget?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Y
The only problem is, when Noone goes back to Argyle, what are the chances of finding a player of similar ability within our budget?
IMO this is a big problem .Weve got noone for 1month guaranteed. second and 3rd month he can be recalled or IMO more than likely to be sold espec if sturrock leaves. lets get the boy in for the season or even better buy him! could try the 50 we offered for fleetwood. but imo 75g should be good enough. Money well spent from what ive seen. a good season or 2 and we'll treble or quadruple our money and help keep us up to boot!!

DanceMagnet

I am prepared to trust the managers decisions and his game plan for this entire season and I'll stay with that regardless of where it takes us. Does that make me a toenailer Poult?
No, but you're probably up to your arse in it at the moment which is a kind of "gl-arse half full" position to be in. :)

DM

Giant Midget

Chas and Dave? must be a Spurs supporter
Wrong. I do like your logic though. I had free tickets to see them earlier in the year, and in fact it was actually an enjoyable evening.

00gill78

Tisdale will always be his own man and that man has taken us up two divisions in two years to become the most succesful manager in our history.
Sorry, but I have to take you up on this. Yes, he is the first manager
to win successive promotions, 2 Wembley appearances and in his 3
years here has been very, very successful but I'm going to argue he is
not the most successful manager in our history. The only way most
Exeter managers would of got the Club to Wembley would of been
to get to the Final of the FA or League Cup. So the opportunity
to get to the Final of the Play Offs for most City managers was not
just a possibilty. So big, big achievements but can't really bring them
into the equation.
Successive promotions. First manager to do it, yep agreed. But for
say Terry Cooper to of achieved successive promotions he would
of needed to finish in the top 3 of the (old) 3rd division. Which
would of been our highest position ever.
IMO Exeters most successful manager ever has to be Brian Godfrey
for taking the Club to their highest league finish ever (8th in the (old)
Division three) and for getting the Club to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup.
Now if Paul Tissdale can finish higher than 8th in Div 1 or take us to
the semi-finals of the FA Cup then I will give you that he is our most
successful manager ever. Well, you have to give him a bit of an incentive
don't you?;) :)

iscalad

Sorry, but I have to take you up on this. Yes, he is the first manager
to win successive promotions, 2 Wembley appearances and in his 3
years here has been very, very successful but I'm going to argue he is
not the most successful manager in our history. The only way most
Exeter managers would of got the Club to Wembley would of been
to get to the Final of the FA or League Cup. So the opportunity
to get to the Final of the Play Offs for most City managers was not
just a possibilty. So big, big achievements but can't really bring them
into the equation.
Successive promotions. First manager to do it, yep agreed. But for
say Terry Cooper to of achieved successive promotions he would
of needed to finish in the top 3 of the (old) 3rd division. Which
would of been our highest position ever.
IMO Exeters most successful manager ever has to be Brian Godfreyfor taking the Club to their highest league finish ever (8th in the (old)
Division three) and for getting the Club to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup.
Now if Paul Tissdale can finish higher than 8th in Div 1 or take us to
the semi-finals of the FA Cup then I will give you that he is our most
successful manager ever. Well, you have to give him a bit of an incentive
don't you?;) :)
Quite right :)