• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale wants noone to turn on the style

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
....I was debating whether to post this or delete it as it is all old ground, but then I thought, WTF.
Glad you didn't Poult - perfectly sound, valid and logical points if you ask me.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chas and Dave? must be a Spurs supporter
last time I heard the f*-------ckers preferred the goooners !!!

malcolms

last time I heard the f*-------ckers preferred the goooners !!!

Listening to the wrong people mate;)

Charles Hodges & David Peacock (Rockney Musicians) Chas n Dave need no introduction after being associated with the club since 1981 when they got to No 5 in the charts with Ossies Dream (a song still sung on the terraces today). Also recorded Tottenham Tottenhamin 1982, Hot Shot Tottenham in 1987 and both the banned "Victory Song" and "its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in one" in 1991. A Chas n Dave concert is always a Tottenham affair and they are Tottenham through and through with Spurs references in many of their songs

geoffwp

Glad you didn't Poult - perfectly sound, valid and logical points if you ask me.

I agree with Pete on this Poult. I just wish you would do it without the 'toenailers' jibe.

I'm definitely in the 'Tiz has my complete support' camp. I believe he is a very intelligent football manager. I'm confident he is aware of ALL the options available to him and will have been so well before it came on anyone's radar here! I look at what he has achieved since he arrived and I see from his own responses that he knows he is still on a steep learning curve. For those things alone he has my complete respect. I'm sure he and his team are constantly looking to improve playing standards on the pitch and what seems for some to be the BLINDINGLY obvious answer to our problems will, I am sure, have already been considered. The fact that it may not have been acted on doesn't immediately get me doubting his sanity/ability/footballing brain as it does some.
Is this blind trust? Perhaps it is to some extent Poult. I am not privvy to what happens on the training pitch or conversations in the changing room or bosses office, so I guess I do have to trust that Tiz knows what he is doing. Is this blind trust? Not when it comes with the recent history of success that is already on his CV.
I am prepared to trust the managers decisions and his game plan for this entire season and I'll stay with that regardless of where it takes us. Does that make me a toenailer Poult?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to the wrong people mate;)
Just suppossing one day you bumped into them back stage post festie gig, what would one footie fan say to another footie fan, "still go down the lane dave" ?
and to youre surprise ???? just supposing that is.

angelic upstart

He would have been ironic.

On a slight aside, Dave has given up. Chas N Dave are no more. Chas still tours as an artist though.

STURTZ

The telling statement from tis has been that we haven't had an out and out winger like Noone since we had Lee Elam.

We all know that Tis fell out of love with the Male Eel when it became apparent that he was largely peripheral and only got involved on rare occasions, a luxuary player that Tisdale decided we were better off without. We found success by having players that were capable of working hard all over the pitch. No more wingers.

I'm hopeful that Noone will show the value of a wide player and give Tisdale a glimpse of how we could become more effective with such an outlet.

Shame that we never followed up Mike B's tip but there are plenty more wingers out there.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The telling statement from tis has been that we haven't had an out and out winger like Noone since we had Lee Elam.
Lest we forget Wayno!

STURTZ

Lest we forget Wayno!
Tisdale didn't mention Carlisle, I think he saw him more as a wide midfielder.

Poultice

Yes, what has Tis ever done for us?

And the viaducts
I am sure you understood that the post was not decrying Tis' input merely suggesting that perhaps it aint all down to him.

Million pounds in sales ? Perhaps he has just sold off the family silver that others had judiciously acquired.

Two promotions, sure, he signed Edwards and Taylor who were a major part of it, but the rest of the tools were already in the box, perhaps it was just our turn ?

We are of course in the Third Division, been here before, and despite it being early days it has to be said that we are not looking good.

He may well trumpet his balanced budget then go away slag off the straight jacket that the board have zipped him into.

We have enjoyed success during his term in office, but plenty of people thought Gordon Brown was a good Chancellor until they looked into the goody chest and found out it had a big hole in it.

I don't really have much of an issue with Tis and am happy to give him the time he has earned to put things right, the Toenailers are different, blind faith for no good reason plus a burn the heretics culture is always gonna rub me the wrong way, ps. No Geoff, you are just a glass half full chap, slagging off anyone who raises even the slightest point that doen't exalt their leader is the bit you have to master yet, and call me old fashioned if you like, but I see it as what we have achieved as a club with Tis at the helm rather than what he has done, a lot of people contribute to the success of this club.

The viaducts do nowt for me, mind you I would really miss a whine.