• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's last game?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Getting a Striker that could put the Ball into the back of the net would be a little starter instead of getting one that can't hit a bulls behind with Taggys head.
That's not tactics.

Today wasn't rubbish.

Having strikers who missed chances isn't tactics. Our tactics were spot on and we carved Crewe apart many times, we just didn't score.

The Oakley substitution was a joke.
No but choosing and employing the "strikers" is the issue and that's the triumerates job. To blame lack of money is nonsense plenty of money has come into then club in the last 2 years - clearly managerial ineptitude

Devon_Lad

Hoofing it forward (I know right, League 2 mentality, who'd have thought it?!) when were 1-0 down as opposed to when we're 2-0 down and it's way too late might be a start?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think things have built to the point where he simply has to deliver results to deflect criticism. Four or five years ago there would have been a different reaction to today. Patience has ,not surprisingly , run out.

Trouble is if in a few weeks time we get Holmes and wheeler back playing along with maybe Troy a h (for a few games maybe) the pressure could be so big that we will need a eight game unbeaten run simply to get back into contention. The news on Troy brown isn't good and I don't want anyone to be injured but I don't particularly look at the return of woodman McCready and Tillson as making all the difference in shooting us up the table.

Last edited:
I think things have built to the point where he simply has to deliver results to deflect criticism. Four or five years ago there would have been a different reaction to today. Patience has ,not surprisingly , run out.

Trouble is if in a few weeks time we get Holmes and wheeler back playing along with maybe Troy a h (for a few games maybe) the pressure could be so big that we will need a eight game unbeaten run simply to get back into contention. The news on Troy brown isn't good and I don't want anyone to be injured but I don't particularly look at the return of woodman McCready and Tillson as making all the difference in shooting us up the table.
Troy lovely guy that he is clearly crocked - a poor choice for a return to the club IMHO.

This is only going one way - still a derby against Torquay beckons! We will have the nicest stand and training pitches in the conference !

Clueless pipedream stuff from Tagg about as much in touch as Morrish's 20/20 plan - shouldn't we be at the top of division 1 by now ?? Not 6 points from 7 games in Division 4!!!

A disgrace with the playing budget overspent and the amount paid to Tisdale /Tagg and Perryman

rp42

That's not tactics.

Today wasn't rubbish.
So having a Striker that can score goals is not part of the tactics? surely getting goals and getting in front of the other side is tactics? god i'm so dumb.

fred binneys head

Maybe were misunderstanding each other then. I'm not happy with certain aspects of the squad that Tisdale has put together. I'm not happy with the fact that we aren't scoring goals. But 'tactics' for me is the formation you play, the approach you take to the game, zonal marking vs man to man, etc, etc. Today we were by far the better team, because Tisdale got his tactics right. We didn't score because our players missed chances or made wrong decisions at the necessary time (Ryan trying to pass back to an offside Simpson instead of shooting, in the first half, for instance).

I understand people being unhappy about our league position, the last 5 years of decline, Tisdale's delusional comments pre and post matches, Tagg's lack of ability as a business leader, etc - but today wasn't rubbish, it was great.

Devon_Lad

Over playing and over passing is Tisdale's forte? Should he not shoulder blame?

ExmouthMart

Next week will be no different to any other game for Tisdale.He simply doesn't understand what it means to us when we play Argyle.We were lucky last season, with the Watkins wonder goal.Who honestly looks forward to playing them?! I don't because you know we will just sit back, play keep ball and put no pressure on them till it's too late, and them lump it forward to Simpson or Oakley whose now our super sub!
Have we made an offer to Reuben Reid?! How many City Fans would not welcome him because of who he's played for?! Carlisle are looking at him but he's based in Bristol! Isn't that usually a shoe in for a Tisdale signing?! I wonder why Simpson has waited till now to play for Tisdale? Same with Troy.Hes crocked, nice block etc. But worth a couple of games a season?
If we are genuinely owned and run by real supporters of the club when are the Board/Trust going to listen? Or is it just a few moaners on Exeweb making a noise when the majority are happy?! I am not happy, and it kills me that it's a real effort to want to watch City now.How sad is it when you don't really want to watch Home games because you more or less know the out come.Please someone sort it out.

rp42

Next week will be no different to any other game for Tisdale.He simply doesn't understand what it means to us when we play Argyle.We were lucky last season, with the Watkins wonder goal.Who honestly looks forward to playing them?! I don't because you know we will just sit back, play keep ball and put no pressure on them till it's too late, and them lump it forward to Simpson or Oakley whose now our super sub!
Have we made an offer to Reuben Reid?! How many City Fans would not welcome him because of who he's played for?! Carlisle are looking at him but he's based in Bristol! Isn't that usually a shoe in for a Tisdale signing?! I wonder why Simpson has waited till now to play for Tisdale? Same with Troy.Hes crocked, nice block etc. But worth a couple of games a season?
If we are genuinely owned and run by real supporters of the club when are the Board/Trust going to listen? Or is it just a few moaners on Exeweb making a noise when the majority are happy?! I am not happy, and it kills me that it's a real effort to want to watch City now.How sad is it when you don't really want to watch Home games because you more or less know the out come.Please someone sort it out.
I know how you feel,come to the games go to the Spot have a few beers with the S/t holders that still remain and sit with me,go and watch the game knowing 90o/o of the time of what's going to happen,but on the rare 10 o/o chance we may win at Home!? may have been a bit generous with the Home percentages there?