• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do other league one clubs really change in portacabins? Wonder if that is really a factor, rather than a thing that is nice to have
Gary Neville referenced the importance of having good facilities when trying to bring in players to Salford at league 2 level

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do other league one clubs really change in portacabins? Wonder if that is really a factor, rather than a thing that is nice to have
Well it's pretty much what we had before the C&F was redeveloped.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will we find out on Monday? Or is this going to be a long drawn out affair, at least until the contract ends on 1 July.

Andy_H

You really need to take a tour of the new faciities at the Cliff Hill to appreciate how far we've come on the training ground side in only a few years. Anybody who had the 'privelage' of visiting the old pavilion at Cliff Hill will agree that what we have now is not even the 'difference between chalk & cheese', more 'turds & caviar'.
If you get the chance then please take it and, when you sit on the balcony of the dining room and look out over the countryside towards Haldon and beyond with some of the best training faclities outside, and even in some cases possibly inside, the Premiership in front of you, then tell me a players head is not going to be swayed by what he sees, and this is his 'office'.
Once the next phase of ungrading the facilities for the Accadamy is complete then it'll be a seamless transition from youth to accadamy to first team.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will we find out on Monday? Or is this going to be a long drawn out affair, at least until the contract ends on 1 July.
We’ll know on Thursday, surely. Anyone who’s out of contract that isn’t at the first day of testing will be off.

red1

You really need to take a tour of the new faciities at the Cliff Hill to appreciate how far we've come on the training ground side in only a few years. Anybody who had the 'privelage' of visiting the old pavilion at Cliff Hill will agree that what we have now is not even the 'difference between chalk & cheese', more 'turds & caviar'.
If you get the chance then please take it and, when you sit on the balcony of the dining room and look out over the countryside towards Haldon and beyond with some of the best training faclities outside, and even in some cases possibly inside, the Premiership in front of you, then tell me a players head is not going to be swayed by what he sees, and this is his 'office'.
Once the next phase of ungrading the facilities for the Accadamy is complete then it'll be a seamless transition from youth to accadamy to first team.
Not sure how many players actually come down to Devon to see the training facilities before making their minds up. Demi Mitchell for one didn't have a clue what facilities were like. Its definitely a plus though and a massive upgrade.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have had a tour thanks, I'm aware of what they are now and what they were.
But are they any better than other league one sides? I remember Stevenage's facilities were referenced on here and they looked impressive. Readings was even better now it's been given back.
But I refer to an earlier response, what's more important- money, location, or facilities? Assuming we can match a wage, would a player who wants to stay in the North West, say, for family reasons, locate down here purely because we have nice training facilities?

rifraf

I have had a tour thanks, I'm aware of what they are now and what they were.
But are they any better than other league one sides? I remember Stevenage's facilities were referenced on here and they looked impressive. Readings was even better now it's been given back.
But I refer to an earlier response, what's more important- money, location, or facilities? Assuming we can match a wage, would a player who wants to stay in the North West, say, for family reasons, locate down here purely because we have nice training facilities?
Our much improved training facilities are sadly a small piece of a much larger jigsaw that gives the clearer picture..... family, quality of life, club prospects, existing staff and players and oh yes! .... money.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our much improved training facilities are sadly a small piece of a much larger jigsaw that gives the clearer picture..... family, quality of life, club prospects, existing staff and players and oh yes! .... money.
All issues which Gary as manager has to consider and deal with when trying to persuade players to sign for the Club

Mid Devon Grecian

Having seen and spoken to Yanic, Mrs Yanic and three kids this afternoon they looked very happy and relaxed in Exeter.