• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Release 2010 Account

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the accounts were self evidently a pile of poo then Steve Williams' company would not have signed them off.
Remind me, who was it signed off Enron's accounts, and who was it audited HBOS ? Yes you're right, a firm of accountants.

Paddy was brought in because the accounts were a mess, FACT !

Alistair20000

Remind me, who was it signed off Enron's accounts, and who was it audited HBOS ? Yes you're right, a firm of accountants.

Paddy was brought in because the accounts were a mess, FACT !
Poults I appreciate that you perceive accountants as a sub species but I don't think Steve Williams' company signed off the Enron and HBOS accounts. If I have underestimated the nature and extent of his client base I apologise.

Shirley with a Sage (or similar) accounting package (available for many years now) and a competent operator the Club could have produced reliable figures checked over by Steve Williams as FD (does our modest business justify that position as well as a CEO and assorted baggage ?) and then reviewed again by his company. It appeared from the figure that Steve and his company were charging some hefty fees.

I have seen no evidence that the accounts were in a mess and that Paddy has ridden in to the rescue. Now it may be the case that the business/finances could have been better managed but that does not mean the accounts were a mess.

Poultice

I have seen no evidence that the accounts were in a mess and that Paddy has ridden in to the rescue. Now it may be the case that the business/finances could have been better managed but that does not mean the accounts were a mess.
And you never will Al, you never will.

Semantically you have a point, in the real world it is the functionality of the clubs financial process which matters, it was a train wreck and Paddy was Ivor, brought in to tend the engine before it went fubar.

elginCity

whilst budgeting is a relatively difficult activity in the footballing environment.
That might well be the area where Paddison has brought something to the table.

I'm only guessing here, that the club has adopted XL Planning software, a budgeting and planning tool, the developers of which Mr Paddison was once directly involved with.

JP was brought in to improve the financial reporting system, and now the financial info is accurate and up to date, that's a job well done I'd have thought.

plain capers

********, you are really the limit at times. Firstly you whinge on because there is no audit and now whinge on because there is to be one and that, in your eyes, makes 2+2 = 25 and QED there must be something to hide. No wonder those involved in the process are reluctant to come on here and answer, because you can bet your bottom dollar, that as soon as they do, you will be all over them like a rash and continue your game of trying to trap them.
Perhaps it is the psychiatrist and not the bone manipulator that you actually need.

Poultice

********, you are really the limit at times. Firstly you whinge on because there is no audit and now whinge on because there is to be one
If there was a prize for missing the point you would be right up there, actually around here you would have a lot of competition.

I got slated on these boards a while ago when I suggested basing the whole economy on the Suits in the City was a bad idea, that mess happened because nobody was asking the questions, with City a few of us are asking questions but getting no answers.

I whinged about there not being an audit did I ?

Doesn't sound like me, I have next to no confidence in auditors, forensic or otherwise.

I want them to publish the accounts in full, as long as they won't do it I can only conclude that they have something to hide, there are PLCs that publish more detail than our Trust owned, community club does, does that not seem odd to you ?

Grecian1966

If there was a prize for missing the point you would be right up there, actually around here you would have a lot of competition.

Doesn't sound like me, I have next to no confidence in auditors, forensic or otherwise.

I want them to publish the accounts in full, as long as they won't do it I can only conclude that they have something to hide, there are PLCs that publish more detail than our Trust owned, community club does, does that not seem odd to you ?
Poults, you don't strike me as naive therefore asking for the accounts to be published in full on a public forum when you must know how ridiculous that is doesn't make any sense whatsoever? There is a reason why abbreviated accounts are sent to Companies House and many reasons why the detail you mention is not in the public domain. You clearly know the reasons why this isn't possible the same as the rest of us (please don't peddle the Trust must equal transparency line). It seems that despite there being very sound reasons why the details within the club's accounts cannot be shared publically on player salaries etc. etc. etc. you continue to push the line that because the club won't do this it equates to either being shifty, devious or a sign of the next big conspiracy. It's also clear that even if further detail was made available this still wouldn't satisfy your demand for full exposure of everything. The only way you can find the detail you crave is by getting yourself elected and then becoming a part of the Trust finance- sub cmmttee which as we have been told have full access to the accounts for scrutiny purposes. The fact that this is possible (access to scrutinize the accounts), or even for you to rise from keyboard warrior to Chairman of the Trust and a place on the club board is because of the structure we have - hardly possible elsewhere is it?

Fred

LOG

AFC Wimbledon publish full accounts.

Grecian1966

AFC Wimbledon publish full accounts.
Can you put the relevant link to show that they are FULL accounts please?

LOG

Can you put the relevant link to show that they are FULL accounts please?
No, because you need to pay to be able to see them, but i have access and under the section titled 'Registered accounts type', it says 'Full accounts'.