• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Release 2010 Account

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
ECFC on the other hand are a private company and publication of employee salaries would contravene the Data Protection Act.
Nothing to stop them publishing a set of accounts detailing income and costs broken down by identifiable revenue sources and cost centres. They produce the damn figures any way, and as there is no direct competition from another football club in the Exeter area then I fail to see how that would cause the world to come to an end.

Again, how can we claim to be different and 'no ordinary football club' when we allow the club to conceal such details from the membership ?

We deserve to know how much of the hard earned cash which comes through the gate gets spent on Suits. I should be only too happy to get shot up the arse by figures that show Norrie and the Commercial boys are bringing in huge money, but they ain't.

But this thread is of course about the Trust accounts, so what chance is there I wonder of an explanation of how they managed to spend so much more on fund raising than they actually raised ?

Grecian1966

Nothing to stop them publishing a set of accounts detailing income and costs broken down by identifiable revenue sources and cost centres. They produce the damn figures any way, and as there is no direct competition from another football club in the Exeter area then I fail to see how that would cause the world to come to an end.

Again, how can we claim to be different and 'no ordinary football club' when we allow the club to conceal such details from the membership ?
Come on Poults pull the other one pleeze. You now full well that we can't publish salaries and it's hardly rocket science to know why in terms of agents and other clubs. How exactly would Steve P be able to negotiate in the best interests of Exeter City when all his cards have been laid bare on the table for all to see? This has nothing to do with the club concealing anything and the more you continue to peddle this line the bigger the hole you dig yourself. If the club were ever to satisfy your requests everything would need to be published in the accounts not merely a few extra crumbs. As I said the opportunity for you to find such detail is available by standing for election and joining the finance group who oversee the accounts. Neil LM travels from the same neck of the woods as you and Northants Grecian is hardly local but it didn't stop them from taking up the opportunity available to get involved.
This club is in the best place it has been for decades and decades yet visitors to this site would think we are on the brink of May 2003 repeating itself. Perspective please.

Fred

Last edited:

Poultice

Come on Poults pull the other one pleeze. You now full well that we can't publish salaries
Yes Fred, it would seem that what you have quoted does in fact confirm that I know that, so what is your point ?

Grecian1966

Yes Fred, it would seem that what you have quoted does in fact confirm that I know that, so what is your point ?
My point, is in wanting to know what your point is when you clearly understand publishing of the full accounts are a non-runner.

Poultice

My point, is in wanting to know what your point is when you clearly understand publishing of the full accounts are a non-runner.
As stated, I would like a set of accounts published which did everything but name names, I want to know that all of the money that can is going on improving the quality of the team and not being wasted on suits and company cars, there is a huge amount of stuff they could release which would not impact at all on their ability to run the club.

Non disclosure creates a closed shop, people in the know who want to keep it that way because knowledge is power, we sign or sell a player and no fee is disclosed, who does that help ? It keeps the mystique, it makes us all think they are doing a great job when there is nothing to show that to be the case, sunshine is always the best disinfectant

jokerman

We deserve to know how much of the hard earned cash which comes through the gate gets spent on Suits. I should be only too happy to get shot up the arse by figures that show Norrie and the Commercial boys are bringing in huge money, but they ain't.

But this thread is of course about the Trust accounts, so what chance is there I wonder of an explanation of how they managed to spend so much more on fund raising than they actually raised ?
I've seen this comment from ******** before. I've ignored it because I assumed ******** would sooner or later realise the error of his ways and I had no wish to question the aura of infallibility that he has constructed around himself. However he has said it again and the danger is a statement repeated often enough unchallenged transmutes into some kind of truth and with it the subliminal message that the BOS are a complete shower who can't organise a p*ss up.

I have therefore taken the time to find out how to log on again simply to refute this statement.The fund raising expenses do NOT, repeat NOT exceed fund raising income. The single biggest fund raising initiative last year was Pitch In which is shown separately on the line above at £33103. £2301 of the fund raising expenses relate to the launch and the printing of flyers.

The other fund raising income and expenditure relate to the production and sale of the Grecian Voices dvd (a bargain at £7 - all costs covered and 100% profit to the Trust)

Hope that clears that up I'm going back to work now

Nigel Banks

Trust Finance Officer

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've seen this comment from ******** before. I've ignored it because I assumed ******** would sooner or later realise the error of his ways and I had no wish to question the aura of infallibility that he has constructed around himself. However he has said it again and the danger is a statement repeated often enough unchallenged transmutes into some kind of truth and with it the subliminal message that the BOS are a complete shower who can't organise a p*ss up.

I have therefore taken the time to find out how to log on again simply to refute this statement.The fund raising expenses do NOT, repeat NOT exceed fund raising income. The single biggest fund raising initiative last year was Pitch In which is shown separately on the line above at £33103. £2301 of the fund raising expenses relate to the launch and the printing of flyers.

The other fund raising income and expenditure relate to the production and sale of the Grecian Voices dvd (a bargain at £7 - all costs covered and 100% profit to the Trust)

Nigel Banks

Trust Finance Officer
Surely you can see that when "Pitch In" is split out from fund raising in the "income" section, but not the "expenditure" you can see that the figures could be interpreted in the way that ******** did?

At first glance you clearly see the following, and there is no explanation (unless I've missed it) provided:

Fund Raising Income = £678
Fund Raising Expenses = £2461

Poultice

2009 2008
Fund raising income 678 1937

COST OF PRODUCING INCOME
Fund raising expenses 2461 76

The above figures are extracted directly from the revenue account published on the Trust web site, unfortunately being a simple guy I took it at face value.

Grecian Voices shows as an income and expense at the same value so where exactly is the profit ?

If the majority of the cost of fund raising related to 'pitch in' then the revenue account should reflect that so members were not left in doubt, plus the costs should be returned to the general fund, were they ?

**** up, brewery anybody ?

I never said there was anything wrong with the accounts, I have only suggested that there is a lack of understandable information for the average Trust member, if the time was taken to put things in plain language so that people could understand what was being done it would generate better responses to initiatives.

Grecian1966

Nigel Banks

Trust Finance Officer
I've heard Nigel speak at a previous Trust AGM and if there was anyone I would entrust complete confidence in Nigel Banks is that man. As far as i'm aware he has been involved as Treasurer practically since inception. He is one of those unsung guys who it seems just get's on with it, doing what he can and is I believe a senior accountant therefore knows his onions!

ps - i'm not suggesting Poults is deriding Nigel!

Fred

Last edited:

plain capers

Nigel Banks is a partner in a large well respected firm of Chartered Accountants and shows the highest level of professional acumen in his work for the Trust.

******** on the other hand vents his spleen as a way of filling his time whilst waiting to sign on