• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Statement

SimonBB

Like or loathe him the one person keeps putting himself up for the vote who will actually shake things up is Alistair Yates.
The rest can sit back and mock him from our keyboards.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess the one positive is that the systems are in place and working to identify problems such as this that have occurred.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he meant that Hawker might be under pressure due to the management decisions going on atm… however the voting trust members are unlikely to waiver I think
My bad. I’d forgotten Nick was one of the candidates up for re-election.

I’m slightly apprehensive that someone might now get elected on the basis of a far-fetched manifesto that it will be impossible for them to deliver.

I’ve no issue whatsoever if someone stands on a platform of, say, reforming the Trust, but am not sure it will be especially helpful if anyone seeks election on the basis that they will [single-handedly] seek the removal of certain individuals.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
My bad. I’d forgotten Nick was one of the candidates up for re-election.

I’m slightly apprehensive that someone might now get elected on the basis of a far-fetched manifesto that it will be impossible for them to deliver.

I’ve no issue whatsoever if someone stands on a platform of, say, reforming the Trust, but am not sure it will be especially helpful if anyone seeks election on the basis that they will [single-handedly] seek the removal of certain individuals.
Events dear boy, events. Events will dictate how things go

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Events dear boy, events. Events will dictate how things go
I don’t disagree. Moreover, I think the Trust has made a rod for its own back on this - all too often in the past, candidates have stood on manifestos which fail to recognise the constraints of the role and what an individual trustee can and can’t deliver. This has never been addressed so to do so now might not look especially good.

Alistair20000

I don’t disagree. Moreover, I think the Trust has made a rod for its own back on this - all too often in the past, candidates have stood on manifestos which fail to recognise the constraints of the role and what an individual trustee can and can’t deliver. This has never been addressed so to do so now might not look especially good.
Even if losing candidates had waived the right to a new election I don’t think the Trust had any option than to annul the result and call a new poll.

It is interesting to observe that the Trust statement says the election will be rerun “in its entirety.” This suggests new candidates can’t throw their hats into the ring with new manifestos. Could be interesting.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for posting this, I didn't get the email!
I got two emails 😁

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got two emails 😁
Vote twice and we'll get a 2nd recount !

iscalad

Saw it on Facebook and got an email. Good of them to fess up to the error.

cannockred

Fingers crossed that it doesnt affect the beginning of the transfer window and that the money has already been allocated.