• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The very first episode of The Likely Lads. BBC2 6.30pm on Saturday.

DB9

60 yrs ago today Play School broadcast for the first time:

Oldsmobile-88

Greece with Simon Reeve(BBC2 @ 8pm). The first of 2 parts travelling around. A very interesting look at the country. There are a frightening amount of hand guns on some of the islands, a legacy of the Balkans War.
Some interesting comments about the Germans & Angela Merkel, a legacy of the WW2 occupation & financial fallout of 2008.

Stelios

Greece with Simon Reeve(BBC2 @ 8pm). The first of 2 parts travelling around. A very interesting look at the country. There are a frightening amount of hand guns on some of the islands, a legacy of the Balkans War.
Some interesting comments about the Germans & Angela Merkel, a legacy of the WW2 occupation & financial fallout of 2008.
I remember watching something about Greece and being astonished at their military spending. The figures were mind boggling

iscalad

Was in Athens in 1973?. This was the 5th anniversary of a military junta takeover. Gun battles at night, tanks and the army on the streets during the day. Fun times.

Oldsmobile-88

Was in Athens in 1973?. This was the 5th anniversary of a military junta takeover. Gun battles at night, tanks and the army on the streets during the day. Fun times.
Probably quieter on The Falls Rd, Belfast at the time 😁

Bridgy 81

I was invited once onto a table in an Athens nightclub by a belly dancer to join her in her gyrations.
It seemed rude to refuse so I of course obliged.
My memory is a little hazy of that evening and not just because of the passage of time.

Alistair20000

I was invited once onto a table in an Athens nightclub by a belly dancer to join her in her gyrations.
My memory is a little hazy of that evening and not just because of the passage of time.
Ooh err missus :eek:

Bridgy 81

Ooh err missus :eek:
I also had a very awkward moment once with a masseuse in Bangkok but that’s perhaps a story for another time.

Oldsmobile-88

Following on from the other thread about Dundee, on a visit following the PSF in Arbroath I’d lost my good lady somewhere, slightly pi55ed popped into a pub/club to use the loo, thought it rude not to buy a drink so I stayed. It was a Gay Karaoke Bar, just put my request in before I was tracked down following a phone call. Never got my chance on the mike either ! 😁