• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Better's remorse already Al?

Political earthquake in T minus 7 days...
***Reads up Richter Scale data*** :)

Grecian2K

***Reads up Richter Scale data*** :)
Surely it's the Jigster Scale you need? (For a more balanced opinion that is) 🙄

iscalad

Just had our Labour candidate around. He got the same short thrift he had when he came around for the locals. Bleddy LTN. No idea about the economy.

angelic upstart

Dear Trappy

No need to feel bad about yourself.

If you feel undertaxed simply send a payment to HMRC. They will be delighted to receive it. To make life easier for you here is a link

Yours aye

I may be thinking this up but didn't Paul Heaton try to give all his future royalties from his housemartins days to the govt as additional tax and they refused.

DB9

Just had our Labour candidate around. He got the same short thrift he had when he came around for the locals. Bleddy LTN. No idea about the economy.
Here in Eastleigh there is a serious lack of visible candidates or canvassers, The boundary has been changed so its more open, Normally Lib Dem or Tory but the more likely Tory voter in Hamble and Netley have been put in a new constituency called Hamble Valley gives Labour a big jump up but I've seen no one knocking on the doors anywhere, No presence in Eastleigh on say a Saturday where its quite busy, Lots of leaflets delivered by Royal Mail, Also have seen no big hitters from any of the parties either canvassing.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been in Turkey for two weeks, but on coming home and checking the mail i have received precisely… no election material from candidates. I had a Lib Dem leaflet before we left, seen nothing else.

Labour had a good chance in Bridgwater, can they not be arsed?

arthur

An oft repeated argument between us this one Art. You think there’s a ceiling on a right wing immigration sceptical party’s vote, I think we’re just at the beginning of a new era in British politics where the election of such a party is not only possible but probable IMO.
The problem you have with eliminating the centre right is that there's no-one who'd dream of going into coalition with your Pure Right party. This would make it extremely hard for your dream team to form a government

Rosencrantz

I may be thinking this up but didn't Paul Heaton try to give all his future royalties from his housemartins days to the govt as additional tax and they refused.
He did want to effectively nationalise all his back catalogue (from Housemartins, Beautiful South etc) and future royalties but it got rejected by Greg Clark who was Business Minister at the time.

arthur

So an increase in our population by net 1.2M every couple of years is desirable?
That won't carry on as you well know. Like inflation, it will come down of its own accord and, like inflation, the government won't deserve credit for it, despite them trying to claim it

arthur

This good news from the Telegraph has just popped up. Because it's behind a pay wall I can't read it, so if anyone can tell me what the "Brexit Dream" is, I'd be very grateful

1000014834.jpg