• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like there's a pile of white seats as well as red ones. I imagine there'll be a block of red then a block of white then red etc. I'd like to see two or three rows/columns of red the two of white all the way along which would be a really nice stripey look to match our shirts. Suppose I'll just have to wait and see!
Its gonna be ECFC according to the plans

Red Bill

Its gonna be ECFC according to the plans
Ok thanks Max. I'd still rather have stripes!;)

Andy Holloway

If you look to the right of the stand, down the bottom, you'll see what I think is a stack of red seats. They're placed on the platform for wheelchairs, there is a ramp to access it to the right.
Maybe the 2nd photo on your post 1999 might give a better indication of the Wheelchair Bay and the access to it.

From my chats with various people i think that the regulations require that a seat for the 'Assistant' to be provided for every Wheelchair space.

Oldsmobile-88

I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case. So annoying when The person you come with us to sit behind you. Also assuming they won't be undercover.
There will be seats(2)for each wheelchair space..I had a look on Tuesday & it looks a lot better view than the similar spots in the IP Stand(near to the half way line in block D)..

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the 2nd photo on your post 1999 might give a better indication of the Wheelchair Bay and the access to it.

From my chats with various people i think that the regulations require that a seat for the 'Assistant' to be provided for every Wheelchair space.
Correct. The "wheelchair area" seats are sold in pairs, with the assistant (not charged) sitting next to the person needing support, not behind them.

jimbo-gould

Correct. The "wheelchair area" seats are sold in pairs, with the assistant (not charged) sitting next to the person needing support, not behind them.
Okay great, thank you.

jack101

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Does the target October completion date include the Away end?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yes, in fact I think the hope is that the away end will be finished before the stand (given that we play Swindon on 15th October, that would be good), though this is an aspiration not a promise, as the politicians would say. The current favourable weather is all to the good for the whole redevelopment, of course.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes...5th October is when the builders hand over to the club..The new Grandstand should be open a couple of weeks after that date due to the club fitting out the space under the stand(bars & refreshments stands,install TV’s etc)

jack101

Yes, in fact I think the hope is that the away end will be finished before the stand (given that we play Swindon on 15th October, that would be good), though this is an aspiration not a promise, as the politicians would say. The current favourable weather is all to the good for the whole redevelopment, of course.
Great! Most of the official communications from the club so far have said "If funds allow" or something to that order regarding the away end. Glad to hear it's all going ahead as planned.

With most of the major construction work complete on the Grandstand I guess work can now progress on the away end at speed.