• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Article on the beeb

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't remember a player having such a profound and instant impact on the team since Ben Hamer..

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't remember a player having such a profound and instant impact on the team since Ben Hamer..
I actually had a thought on Saturday...'what are we going to do if he doesn't sign a new contract in the summer?'

He's been superb.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Stubbs? Nicky Law?

Bridgy 81

I actually had a thought on Saturday...'what are we going to do if he doesn't sign a new contract in the summer?'

He's been superb.
I hope Kevin stays beyond this season too, especially as we’ll be very short in midfield when our three loanees there leave.
But if not I reckon Gary’s got plenty of other useful names in his little black book.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Stubbs? Nicky Law?
Sam Stubbs has to be the opposite of 'instant impact' as it took him months to make his debut.

Average Joe

Sam Stubbs? Nicky Law?
Sam Stubbs?

Would have rather you said Lee Sharpe, both made about the same impact long term.

Boyo

You are not going to uproot your family that kind of distance for a six month contract. I get the feeling Kev is perhaps proving to himself as much as everyone else that he can still play at this level. I don't think there is anything else to really look into the situation. What ever happens hopefully both the club and Kev get positive outcomes out of it.
Given his age I suspect it's unlikely that anyone would offer him more than a 12 month contract, come the summer. Would he think its worth moving the family for 12 months? Who knows. Maybe if there's a coaching opportunity tied into a longer contract then that may make a difference, but presumably that would be quite a pay drop for him, at least until he's up to speed with his coaching badges and has more experience.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Stubbs? Nicky Law?
Stubbs? Instant? Took him a year to play!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stubbs? Instant? Took him a year to play!
An instant success. . . . . . . at Bradford City maybe ! :cool: