• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Mo Eisa

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It may be a co-incidence, but since Eisa has been with us, Sonny Cox has really improved. That may be because of competition for the #9 spot, or learning from Eisa, or his natural learning curve, or less pressure. Who knows, but the improvement is very welcome.
Interesting point -there may be something in this. I remember the sinking feeling I got when Sonny, on coming back from Yeovil, said how much he'd learnt there from the other four strikers.. and as previously discussed we're short of strikers on the 4 main coaching staff (GC,Nicho,Perks and Kev). The nearest we have is Nicky Ajose.

andrew p long

Don’t forget though that we got the player because he was out of sorts, otherwise he would have been playing for MK. There’s clearly something up with him as he is quality, MK can’t fix it, we seemingly couldn’t fix it (not quickly enough anyway), but I hope he finds a club where it falls into place for him. Could be stuff at home, and his playing career might not get back in track until that’s sorted. Who knows, but best of luck to him.
It might be that magic ingredient called confidence. Whenever I hear it said that new recruits 'don't look interested' I (perhaps over-generously) wonder whether uncertainty in the split second on decision making (both because of confidence and unfamiliarity with colleagues and the playing style) is playing a part.

We8Argyle

I don’t understand how most of you didn’t foresee this. I remember being bemused by the celebrations on this thread upon his signing. How is a bloke who can’t get a game in the division below going to rock up in League 1 & smash it?

manc grecian

We were desperate. Good luck to any striker moving here when we hardly create any chances

JW57++

We were desperate. Good luck to any striker moving here when we hardly create any chances
I agree. What summed up City for me on Saturday was that brilliant set off quick passes that got us out of defence and into attack. Despite the brilliance we were nowhere near scoring and the move did not lead to a chance of a goal. We are not creating enough chances because our system requires too much accuracy from too many players to get to a scoring position.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t understand how most of you didn’t foresee this. I remember being bemused by the celebrations on this thread upon his signing. How is a bloke who can’t get a game in the division below going to rock up in League 1 & smash it?
You'll have to ask your mate Gary! 😆

We8Argyle

You'll have to ask your mate Gary! 😆
You think he was Gary’s signing? If that was the case he might have started him a couple of times 🤐