• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will someone lose their job over the PFA Loan debacle?

Cygnus

With the mess the club is in at the moment and the lack of acknowledgement from the board that we are in a downward spiral, will anyone be held responsible for the mis-management that has led to us taking a loan from the PFA? As the whole thing has been clearly mis-handled and been a PR disaster for the club, who once again choose to blame the fans for everything in the official announcements. Isn't it about time that they started looking in the mirror and realising that they are actually responsible?

Will it take the Trust BOS to force someone to go or will the likes of Tagg, Perryman, Wollfenden or Henderson accept responsibility for this mess and resign? I know this is unlikely, so get some teeth Trust BOS when you meet the club board and force someone to go for this debacle.

FAN-TATIC

With the mess the club is in at the moment and the lack of acknowledgement from the board that we are in a downward spiral.
Lack of acknowledgement? They were telling us as early as our relegation from League One that we were no better than a mid-table League Two side. Towards the end of last season we were told that we would either be mid table Conference Premiership or mid-table League Two next season depending on whether we were relegated or not.

Whatever other things they have failed at, acknowledging that we are in a downward spiral isn't one of them.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever other things they have failed at, acknowledging that we are in a downward spiral isn't one of them.
I dont think we need them to acknowledge that we're in a downward spiral, Fanny, the fact that we are is as plain as the nose on your face.

Bittners a Legend

Lack of acknowledgement? They were telling us as early as our relegation from League One that we were no better than a mid-table League Two side. Towards the end of last season we were told that we would either be mid table Conference Premiership or mid-table League Two next season depending on whether we were relegated or not.

Fanny regarding the on-field stuff I agree completely but I think, possibly, Cgynus is referring to a financial downward spiral meanwhile the board are trying to convince us owing £160,000 in short term loans is no issue at all.

Alistair20000

Fanny regarding the on-field stuff I agree completely but I think, possibly, Cgynus is referring to a financial downward spiral meanwhile the board are trying to convince us owing £160,000 in short term loans is no issue at all.
I think the Club Board operates on the basis that the Trust loans don't really matter as they can always get away from repaying them, or repay them and borrow the money back the next day.

In answer to the OP, I emailed the Trust to say that they should act to dismiss the entire Club Board as it acted contrary to the express wishes of the owners of the Club i.e. the Trust. No acknowledgment even of that email.

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Bitts we know that £60k will remain unpaid until the £100k has been repaid.

I can to some extent understand why the Board has made light of the debt. It is important that they give out a positive response, "it is simply a short term cash flow problem, which will be sorted in August" ("nothing to worry about there guys, so keep us as a valued customer' secure in the knowledge that everything is under control and normal service will soon be resumed.) What we don't want is some negative comment like "We are in dire trouble and there looks to be no way out." Which would put the fear if god up our suppliers.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Positive message are necessary at times, but I would hope that if things are really looking bleak then they would be honest enough to admit they really need the fan base to rally around before its too late.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Trying to look at it from a positive pov, maybe the Club see the outgoing chaps as more than covering the PFA loan. Perhaps Messrs Edwards, Krysiak, Parkin, Gow, O'Flynn et al falling on their swords has allowed the Club the freedom to take out the loan, safeguarding the Club's existence in an austere period, in the knowledge that the savings are greater in the long run.*

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Trying to look at it from a positive pov, maybe the Club see the outgoing chaps as more than covering the PFA loan. Perhaps Messrs Edwards, Krysiak, Parkin, Gow, O'Flynn et al falling on their swords has allowed the Club the freedom to take out the loan, safeguarding the Club's existence in an austere period, in the knowledge that the savings are greater in the long run.*
I don't think they fell on their swords Rae. They were put to the sword. All the cost cutting is at the sharp end.

hatch4england

I am surprised, to say the least, at an attempt to put a positive spin on a transfer embargo. The club's proper path to economic stability is to be well run. The lack of income in the summer break affects every club in the land, every year.

However, whilst looking for something else I came across the minutes of a long meeting I had more than 10 years ago with Ian Huxham et al, in which I advised a number of measures which should be taken to tighten up the club's finances which would be straightforward to do and a number of measures which could be looked at to improve the revenues of the club. I also volunteered to review some of the contracts and internal targets etc, which it was agreed I would do.. Everyone had a set of tasks to carry out and by the time I had done the minutes, all mine were done except for the ones which required info from the club - none of which was ever received.

A lot of the recommended easy wins still appear not to be done....

So, if you think the way the club is run now is some new low for the Trust, well...

PS This meeting also dealt with the ridiculously optimistic footypitch idea which I was told would make £1m in profits over 5 years.