• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

wiveygrecian

That's the worst I've seen City play in a long while. For 75 minutes the back 4 were simply woeful, Danny Coles the main culprit. A lunge here, a let the ball bounce instead of head it away there, a missed tackle next time. About time Duffy got put back into the centre of the back four alongside Troy because that's also his best position!

And, I'm the first to admit that I'd pull Noble out of a bonfire, but f*ck me he was woeful today. Didn't close down anything, passed sideways all game and looked like the player we had at the start of last season, not the Noble from the last few games!

If Yeovil had a better strike force and delivery from the flanks, in which they had about 40 yards of space on a number of occasions, the scoreline would have been very depressing viewing tonight.
Sorry Josh but dont agree with any of that.
The back 4, Troy was immence, Coles yeah not as good but put in at least two blocks on goalbound shots. Goldy got forward great first half and was steady.
Noble was ok nothing spectacular but not woeful.
We had a great spell first half when Dunney, Sercs and others ran the show.
One early goal from them route one,just caught us napping abit but you dont save them.
Yes second half Yeovil played to their strenghs, lots of hoofball and get it in the area, but for christs sake they are the HOME team, they are bottom, and they are gunna give it a go. What do you expect them just to sit on a 2 1 defeat.
If thats the worse you've seen City in a long while, then you must have seen some cracking matches week after week. Were we worse at Bury, yes, worse at Hartlepool ,yes, worse at home to Brentford,yes etc etc
They are bottom and certainly not the poorest side i've seen this season.

lmartin

Administrator
Bad Car accident in somerset..

City coaches have had to take diversions..
I had to divert through Ilminster and there was quite a queue. But I hear it's significantly worse now.

FAN-TATIC

I had to divert through Ilminster and there was quite a queue. But I hear it's significantly worse now.
Not so. My daughter has just arrived in OSM from N London and has told me that the A303 is now clear. Despite my advice to her to find an alternative route, she didn't need to.

I came back via Crewkerne, Chard and Yarcombe before joining the A30 to Honiton.

flakey pasty

I came back to London and I found various roads closed a mile or so from the ground, but it wasn't because of an accident.
Troy played well though.

lmartin

Administrator
Not so. My daughter has just arrived in OSM from N London and has told me that the A303 is now clear. Despite my advice to her to find an alternative route, she didn't need to.

I came back via Crewkerne, Chard and Yarcombe before joining the A30 to Honiton.
That's okay then... admittedly my information was 25minutes old - should have made that clear!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Apols if I've missed it, any news on how many Grecians were at the match?

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apols if I've missed it, any news on how many Grecians were at the match?
Over 1600!

Grecian Max

Apart from their first goal we cruised the first half, second half we looked like we thought we'd already won.

Draw a fair result TBH and not an awful one at that. I think Yeovil will stay up.

Yeovil fans had a good drummer, I'd like one in the BB.

arthur

Not very good it has to be said.

First half we bossed it and should have killed the game off - no way Yeovil were going to be as sh*te second half as they had been in the first.

Causes for concern.

Duffy is nowhere near as good as Oakley in front of the back four

No link up play betwen midfield and forwards - forwards looked isolated most of the game.

Little movement off the ball - the player with the ball (e.g Troy advancing into space) rarely had any options

Why was their number 2 allowed to constantly send dangerous balls into our box form their right (our left ) flank all afternoon

The seats made more noise than the standing contingent

That's enough causes..

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks Joshy. That's excellent - about 30% of the crowd ... :)