• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I came back via Crewkerne, Chard and Yarcombe before joining the A30 to Honiton.
a much nicer route anyway:)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Poor 2nd half performance, I agree we were lucky to get a draw. Really missed Oakley and Nardiello.

I agree it's early days to start getting over-worried but I think the point about draws is that is that draws are not enough: no-one has stayed up with only 46 points in League 1 for over a decade (Oxford did it with 45 in 1989/2000).

City do really need to win at home to Tranmere next weeked to avoid getting sucked back into the bottom 4, and with only 2 days rest after the cup replay. Tranmere don't have a game, having already been knocked out of the cup, so can focus all their energies on Saturday.

And we have only 1 home game in December.
Point per game probably isn't enough but four sides are still worse than us despite us having got less than one point per game. The big plus for me is since we got oakley/taylor and some regulars back and fit we have got 12 points from 8 games, no guaruntees but if we carried on like that then safety would be comfortable.

At 5 points from 10 games it didn't look like we would be off the bottom in eight games, let alone out of the drop zone. If we could keep the loanees for the season and get a bit more luck with injuries we should be ok.

Tis also said he was still looking at loan market if the right player was available.

wiveygrecian

Apart from their first goal we cruised the first half, second half we looked like we thought we'd already won.

Draw a fair result TBH and not an awful one at that. I think Yeovil will stay up.

Yeovil fans had a good drummer, I'd like one in the BB.
Yep gotta say that support was excellent, not many home teams are that loud. The drummer got it going and the other two stands joined in, even though it went quiet again for the last 20 minutes

mdg

got back at 8pm, via crewekerne, chard, honiton - enjoyed the game, in the seated area.

Dunny good,Archie,good also, the rest ok.thought we could have won it, listened to BBC radio Somerset, whilst stuck in traffic- Skiverton thought that they should have won it,so it depends which side of the fence you are on

GrecianWonder

city fans annoyed me today though. Shouting at Tis for taking off duffy for frear and he should have taken noble off instead. We were trying to win the game by taking off a semi-fit defensive midfielder instead of our playmaker in the middle. Seems also they have short memories cos if i remember correctly it wasnt Duffy who scored the last minute equaliser against the Polish.

Also the lino had a good game. Knew the difference between being offside and not interfering and being offside and interfering. Shame our fans dont!

paperclip

city fans annoyed me today though. Shouting at Tis for taking off duffy for frear and he should have taken noble off instead. We were trying to win the game by taking off a semi-fit defensive midfielder instead of our playmaker in the middle. Seems also they have short memories cos if i remember correctly it wasnt Duffy who scored the last minute equaliser against the Polish.

Also the lino had a good game. Knew the difference between being offside and not interfering and being offside and interfering. Shame our fans dont!
You mean the linesman that missed the blatant Yeovil backpass in the first half, gave at least three throw ins the wrong way and was at best guessing for at least two offside decisions?

To be fair, I thought the referree had a good game and tried to let the game flow whenever he could.

PeteUSA

You mean the linesman that missed the blatant Yeovil backpass in the first half?

I'm glad you mentioned that, because that incident came up for debate between Dave Saunders and Giler during the GP Commentary.

Evidently there was a situation where a defender passed the ball back to the keeper, who promptly picked it up! Dave and Jimmy picked up on the furor that broke out between City fans over the 'handled' passback, and Jimmy said "he knee'd it back", to which Dave agreed, and they both concluded that that was in order!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't reffed a game in 20 years, and rules change, but did anybody else know that kneeing a ball back to the keeper was in order? Because I find that extremely hard to believe!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Sorry Pete, the info's on a knee'd to know basis ...

grecianred

I'm glad you mentioned that, because that incident came up for debate between Dave Saunders and Giler during the GP Commentary.

Evidently there was a situation where a defender passed the ball back to the keeper, who promptly picked it up! Dave and Jimmy picked up on the furor that broke out between City fans over the 'handled' passback, and Jimmy said "he knee'd it back", to which Dave agreed, and they both concluded that that was in order!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't reffed a game in 20 years, and rules change, but did anybody else know that kneeing a ball back to the keeper was in order? Because I find that extremely hard to believe!
this was the incident that had me seething. no way that it was anything other than intentional and i've no doubt purse was expecting to see the keeper clear it first time rather than pick it up. linesman on that side wasn't the best mind: booking tully for a handball when he clearly chested it and yellow carding him for the pleasure.

i don't know the rules but shirely a 'knee' is kind of like the same as it being deliberately played back with any part of the leg, i.e. a pass... i do of course stand to be corrected if this allowed!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep gotta say that support was excellent, not many home teams are that loud. The drummer got it going and the other two stands joined in, even though it went quiet again for the last 20 minutes
I hate drums. Bloody racket. They only have one because they're so tinpot and their fans can't make any noise without it.