• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2023/24

DawlishBouy

My source played in the game, they definitely lost 3-2
Shame the club couldn't post it.

jase 07

Shame the club couldn't post it.
I am sure they will post a report in the week at some point 😜 Thanks for all the info and updates you post 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmation of the result!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Confirmation of the result!

Yikes! A 13 year old playing the full 90 minutes for the U18s...by the name of George Williams...dougbtless one to keep an eye on for the longer term future!

DawlishBouy

Another ridiculously young line-up of "under 18’s". Must be the youngest average age team the club has ever fielded in this competition.

Down - under 15’s age group.
Cayless - u15
Alsop - u15
Oakes - u17
Horn - u16
Dean - u18
Birch - u17
Crees - u16
Graham - u16
Williams - u14
Ohanaka - u17

Wilson - u17
Cutler - u17
Bown - u16
Hodgets - u16
Appleton - u15

denzel

Another ridiculously young line-up of "under 18’s". Must be the youngest average age team the club has ever fielded in this competition.

Down - under 15’s age group.
Cayless - u15
Alsop - u15
Oakes - u17
Horn - u16
Dean - u18
Birch - u17
Crees - u16
Graham - u16
Williams - u14
Ohanaka - u17

Wilson - u17
Cutler - u17
Bown - u16
Hodgets - u16
Appleton - u15
I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing! I know we have a few under 18s out on loan, plus Jake, but surely we could put more in the team?

DawlishBouy

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing! I know we have a few under 18s out on loan, plus Jake, but surely we could put more in the team?
City only have six second year scholars. Aamir Daniels appears to have had injury problems for the last 18 months and according to someone on the loan thread has been released. Scott Simmons has missed at least half the season with injury and recently started appearing for Tavistock where Alfie Cunningham is already on loan. Max Edgecombe (who already has a pro contract) has missed much of the seaon through injury. After playing several games in a row was absent again on Saturday. Sam Joce got injured in December playing for Tavistock. Tom Dean, of couse, played.

andrew p long

Interesting- which matters more - winning games or giving exposure to younger age groups?

I think the important thing is that we always put out sides that are competitive ie no 9-0 tonkings which benefit no-one (on either side).

I wonder whether this is a knock on from MT's instruction to the academy to get players ready *earlier* for first team action. Earlier loans for U18s etc (plus as DB says lots of injuries in the academy this season)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting- which matters more - winning games or giving exposure to younger age groups?

I think the important thing is that we always put out sides that are competitive ie no 9-0 tonkings which benefit no-one (on either side).

I wonder whether this is a knock on from MT's instruction to the academy to get players ready *earlier* for first team action. Earlier loans for U18s etc (plus as DB says lots of injuries in the academy this season)
Possibly it's a season of two halves for the youngsters, the first half in which we compete in the SouthWest Merit table (or whatever it is called) is where we field our U18's competing against the other clubs on a similar basis. Once that competiton is complete and it then splits across the south of the country then we seem to look to play more of the next generation, or that is how it has appeared this season, but then it could be down to injuries as previously advised

denzel

City only have six second year scholars. Aamir Daniels appears to have had injury problems for the last 18 months and according to someone on the loan thread has been released. Scott Simmons has missed at least half the season with injury and recently started appearing for Tavistock where Alfie Cunningham is already on loan. Max Edgecombe (who already has a pro contract) has missed much of the seaon through injury. After playing several games in a row was absent again on Saturday. Sam Joce got injured in December playing for Tavistock. Tom Dean, of couse, played.
Thanks, work for the much anticipated new S and C coach then!