• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Report from ECFC

DawlishBouy

Report from ECFC

As I suggested when reporting the result of this game it was a very under strength team fielded by City. If we were to put out a full strength team in the FA Youth Cup there would be 8 changes to the team who lost to Oxford.

andrew p long

As I suggested when reporting the result of this game it was a very under strength team fielded by City. If we were to put out a full strength team in the FA Youth Cup there would be 8 changes to the team who lost to Oxford.
8! Which ones are they?

I got Cox, Lee,James, King, Borges, Wragg(?)

DawlishBouy

8! Which ones are they?

I got Cox, Lee,James, King, Borges, Wragg(?)
plus Simmons, O'Connor

DawlishBouy

City under 18’s lose 2-4 to Swansea in their second group match in the Professional Development League Cup. Goals from Mitch Beardmore and George Spencer

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure what this cup competition is about.

tom_ecfc

I'm not sure what this cup competition is about.

andrew p long

City under 18’s lose 2-4 to Swansea in their second group match in the Professional Development League Cup. Goals from Mitch Beardmore and George Spencer
Another game where we were missing loads of first choice players eligible for U18s. Cox King and James all in the 17 (not 18!) named by the first team in Barnsley.

And DB's post on the loan watch thread shows that this afternoon Lee, Borges, O'Connor and Wragg all started for men's teams out on loan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another game where we were missing loads of first choice players eligible for U18s. Cox King and James all in the 17 (not 18!) named by the first team in Barnsley.

And DB's post on the loan watch thread shows that this afternoon Lee, Borges, O'Connor and Wragg all started for men's teams out on loan.
And also missing their first choice coaching team as well.

andrew p long

Yikes! Tom's post 107 above explains (I think!) that this is an U23 competition!

So perhaps not surprising that our U18 reserve side didn't win yesterday...!

(though both ECFC and Swansea describe it as an U18 game)